I have so much news to share with you that I think I might pop with excitement!

MY FIRST MARKET STALL!
On a whim, I signed up for my very first market stall yesterday afternoon, at the Made 'N Thornbury market. The only catch is that it's in eight days- on Saturday the 2nd of May! I'm very nervous about the whole thing, but extremely excited too. I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and such a short time frame is bound to get my bum into gear. My office has turned into a mad, sweaty factory, and I'm producing business cards, notebook covers, fabric labels, passport covers, travel tissue holders, bags and more!

10% OFF!

I want to meet all my lovely readers! As a cheeky way of blackmailing you all to come to the market, I'm offering 10% off my products to everyone who visits me and says 'Roger ate my Rabbit'. Beware that I might hug you out of pure excitement!

Here are the details so that you can come and play- make sure to tell your friends:



WE BOUGHT LAND!
Sharon and I have been drooling over a gorgeous piece of land in Hurstbridge for the past few weeks, and our offer's just been accepted! It's 20 acres of pure bushland, with a gorgeous dam, endangered plants, an array of wildlife and views across the valleys. Better yet, it's in a 'green wedge' council, so the whole area is passionate about the environment, and our street is part of an artists' colony! We will be moving there in December to build our dream home: 100% off-the-grid, self-sustainable and eco-efficient. And of course, I shall have my very own crafting cottage! You'll all have to come and visit.



VIRGIN SWAP!
I have officially signed up for my very first craft swap over at Snailblazer! As a virgin swapper, I'm both bursting with ideas and really hoping my recipients will love what they get. If anyone has any tips on how to make a swap extra special, or stories of the gorgeous things they've received in the past, I'd love to hear about them!

P.S. Do you like the Swap button? I made it!

THE GIVEAWAY!
Over at the gorgeous Dotty One blog, I signed up for a heartwarming crafty idea called Pay It Forward. In a nutshell, the first three people who commented on Dotty's Post are receiving a special gift from her, and now it's my turn to spoil my readers!

Because of your crazy time-zone differences and work hours, though, I've decided not to simply select the first three people to leave a comment. Instead, everyone who comments will go into a draw to win a handmade gift from me. The three winners will be picked on Monday, the 27th of April in another unique way! The winners will then need to post about the Pay It Forward exchange on their blog so that it can keep going.


A PEPPERBERRY FEATURE!
The lovely Patti over at It's A Wonderful featured me on her blog. Thank you thank you thank you! I can't tell you how much it means to me.

PHEW!
Was that ever a lot of excitement. I'm off to my factory now- there's so much work to be done that my brain is hurting!

---
Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (24)

On April 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM , CurlyPops said...

How exciting! I'll be there too..yippee!

 
On April 24, 2009 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous said...

I'm doing Made 'n Thornbury too! I'm a market virgin too. Can't wait to see your gorgeous notebooks in person - maybe we'll even be next to each other! This is what I'm selling.

See you there,
Jennie (Cravings Frocks)

 
On April 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM , danielle said...

oh, totally going to have to move south, as your little community and market look lovely!! Looking forward to Pay it Forward...Monday is my 30th (scary!) so maybe that'll bring me luck!? Good luck getting established for the market- you will have LOADS of loyal visitor I am sure ; )

 
On April 24, 2009 at 3:50 PM , Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

I'm so pumped that bloggers that I know will be there! :-) And Danielle, Happy 30th in advance. May it be warm and wonderful and full of love!

 
On April 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM , Unknown said...

Oh I absolutely love the excitement you have in this post!!! well done on the Market stall, wish I could come see you but its a bit far to travel ;-(

xx

 
On April 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

If the private jet wasn't being valeted I would defo be there ; ). As it is Mr Busy and the two junior busy's and myself will be up at 4.30 to attend Dawn Parade for Anzac Day. hey good luck with the market. I did the pay it forward thing, and guess what I got 2 comments, and get this. ONE WAS MINE. You will do much better though. : )

 
On April 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM , Karin said...

Wow so much excitement bundled up in one blog entry!

Yay for market stall
Yay for buying land in the beautiful Australian bush
Yay for swaps - my first one was a real hoot too!
and of course huge Yay for giveaways!

 
On April 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM , Liz said...

Sandra,make sure you have a quiet evening, I think you've had enough excitement for one day. Congratulations on the land purchase, good luck with the market, lots of fun for the swap. Anything else, I might run out of ink here!!
Big hugs, Lizzie

 
On April 24, 2009 at 9:36 PM , Emmy said...

Oh my goodness so many exciting things.

May I recommend Splatgirl's blog for people building houses, she is over in the US but has written from the day they got the land. http://www.moderninmn.blogspot.com/

I think you'll like it.

 
On April 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Sandra!

What can I say? You go Girlfriend!!! (That's one of my favourite sayings!) And I think it's nearly as enthusiastic and energetic as your post! Good luck with the market! I look forward to hearing all about it! Congrats on the land purchase - how very exciting! Ooh! Just "good luck and happy EVERYTHING!!!"
Vikki x
ps. I'm not sure how I will get to sleep now as I'm all revved-up! LOL...

 
On April 24, 2009 at 10:36 PM , Jacinta said...

WOW Sandra, you certainly haven't slowed down since we last met! How exciting - the market stall, the land (gorgeous), and all your crafting goodness too. You are an inspiration!
I'm loving your blog - it's an absolute treat to drop by!
Hope to see you on the 2nd May.

 
On April 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM , Ange Moore said...

Sandra - congrats on your block of land. We have been living in our new house for about a year. We built on an in-fill block in Hobart and incorporated lots of sustainable features (especially passive solar stuff) and have saved ourselves 30% on our powerbill! Good luck with the design and build - you'll love it!

And if I were closer I'd try and pop in to say "Roger ate my Rabbit" next weekend. Good luck with the sweatshop sewing!

Ange.

 
On April 25, 2009 at 3:41 AM , The Dotty One said...

Congratulations on the craft fair - that will definitely get you motivated - no time for craftflu when you've got a deadline like that approaching! I'd love to come but unfortuately it would be a 48 hour round trip which is probably a bit too long!
Congrats on the land too - lots of excitement in your life at the moment!!
Dotty xx
PS. Obviously ignore this comment for PIF purposes!!

 
On April 25, 2009 at 4:20 AM , L. jane E. said...

So I can't come to your booth, wish I could, but I'm in the wrong state! But for the heck of it "Roger ate my Rabbit!" Maybe that will help with the pay it forward drawing!

 
On April 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Calidore said...

Wow a market and land for a new home. How exciting. Please tell us how the market went. I'm working towards having my own market stall and it's so scary. Would love to know how you went and what you did and didn't like.

 
On April 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM , Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I remember when you were a wee blogger with small comments....*grins* You go girl! People will flock to your booth and buy you out!

Roger ate my rabbit. LOL...I LOVE IT!

 
On April 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM , Harley Dee said...

Congrats on getting the land!!! :D

 
On April 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM , Anonymous said...

the market sounds great Sandra of course you are nervous but I'm sure you'll be fine and surely the first one is a learning curve anyway, try and chill and enjoy it (says she who would be shit scared if it was me!!!)how wonderful your block of land sounds!!!! I am very enious!!!

 
On April 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Nikki said...

Welcome to Nillumbik Sandra! As you said, it's a beautiful part of the world... and your little part of it looks amazing. Congratulations on taking the chance of your first market.

 
On April 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM , Cass said...

Sandra you have been busy. Good luck at the market. Can't wait to see the house you build. Thanks so much for the button, I still have to work out how to upload it

 
On April 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM , Rachel said...

wow. you had an exciting day! congratulations on everything.

 
On April 26, 2009 at 7:00 AM , sarasophia said...

I would love to participate in your craft swap, my dear! and WOW--LAND! I am so jealous, my husband and I are dying to finally purchase some land and build our own home. Here's hopin' for one day down the road....

I really wish I wasn't SO far away and could come to your craft swap.
Good Luck!

<3 sarasophia

 
On April 26, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous said...

Ooh! That sounds grand! And whether I win or not, I think I shall send something along to one of my followers in a random drawing...

*off to think about what I might make*

 
On April 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM , sarasophia said...

Ha ha...when I said "I wish I could come to your craft swap" I meant market stall-I hope I CAN still enter for a chance to be chosen in the craft swap. I would love to join in the fun:)

<3 sarasophia