Hello, my gorgeous global friends!

I write to you from Tasik Kenyir, a intensely serene and sensationally beautiful lake system in the middle of Malaysia. From where I sit, I can see thunderous mountains covered in lush tropical rainforest, a lake so blue it sparkles like sapphires in the sun, and that endless stretch of sky that can only be seen when one is on holidays.

Fear not, however; this is not going to become a travel blog!
You can find that over at The Adventures of Sharon and Sandra, a blog I have started so that you can follow our 3-month journey across the wonders of South East Asia.

What I have done for my Pepperberrians instead is sourced some gorgeous creative inspiration from the streets of Kuala Lumpur, where we have spent the past 5 days. Today's crafty roundup comes in the form of patterned paper, and should hopefully tickle the fiddles of paper and fabric fanatics alike:

Aren't they simply gorgeous? Such vibrant colours and unique styles. I can't wait to see what else Malaysia has on offer!

---

P.S. I have succumbed! You can now follow me on Twitter, and find my pics on Flickr.

P.P.S. To all my lovely bloggers: I may be a tad busy over the next few months, and therefore be unable to comment on your wonderful blogs. I am, however, still reading as many as I can, and would absolutely love to receive emails from you with updates of what you are up to. I promise to write back!


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (16)

On July 5, 2009 at 1:38 AM , Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful papers -- love the bright pretty colors. Sounds like a grand adventure you're on!!!

 
On July 5, 2009 at 3:23 AM , Harley Dee said...

Beautiful! I hope you're having a wonderful time, I'm sure you are! :)

 
On July 5, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

Safe travels Sandra and Sharon. Hope your passport covers are doing the trick!!!

 
On July 5, 2009 at 10:31 AM , Sandrine said...

Have a wonderful time ;)

 
On July 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous said...

Beautiful papers. :) I'll add your travel blog to my favourites and look forward to reading about your adventures! :D

 
On July 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Sandra! :-)

I might even trade my treehouse for a glimpse of the view you just described! he he he... Have a wonderful time darling! I will of course email you and understand you're going to have other things occupying your mind other than blogland!

Hugs! Hugs~!
Vikki xoxoxo

 
On July 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Tania said...

I should damned well hope you are a tad busy. Only with pina coladas, hawaiian shirts and the like! Liking that bottom left paper, oh and the bottom right, oh and...

 
On July 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM , Maggi said...

Holy smokes, that paper is stunning! Have fun while on your travels!

 
On July 6, 2009 at 12:58 AM , Unknown said...

Hello Miss Pepperberry! Those papers are gorgeous, indeed! Just beautiful! I look forward to seeing what else you've got up your sleeve!

Thanks for visiting me earlier today on my blog! You are welcome to come back and visit anytime!

 
On July 6, 2009 at 5:14 AM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

Wouldnt you want those papers to be fabric. Droool droool!!!! : )

 
On July 6, 2009 at 7:15 AM , Pretty Things said...

The colors are AMAZING! I want them all on paper -- notecards, please?

 
On July 6, 2009 at 10:13 AM , Teegs said...

Ooooh! Lakes! I hope you're lounging by the serene water, enjoying the heat and relaxation. Get off your lappy, dammit!!
xx

 
On July 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM , Calidore said...

I'm green with envy at your travel adventures. A friend of ours visits Malaysia lots and absolutely loves it. Next time I'm sending him with a shopping list...vbg. Have a wonderful time and forget about the fact that the rest of us are freezing out butts off with cold and windy (and even occassionally) rainy weather.

 
On July 6, 2009 at 4:41 PM , Beky said...

OMG those papers are divine. Have a wonderful and safe trip. Looking forward to more travel notes on your travel blog.

 
On July 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Bee Designs said...

How stunning are those papers?!! I hope you're enjoying your trip so far, it sounds wonderful, I can't wait to keep reading about it, just going to check out the "travel blog" now. Have fun!

 
On July 7, 2009 at 5:19 AM , XUE said...

Like Busy Lizzie, I too am thinking how fabulous it would be for these beautiful designs to be of fabric! Happy holidays!