As a constant traveller, I have found that there are endless places with which I fall in love, and even some that I love enough to live in; there are only two corners of the world, however, that move me to the core of my soul. Today, I want to celebrate the first of these: the magical, enchanting city of Paris.

Vintage, classy and chic, Paris is the embodiment of design inspiration. Poets, sculptors, writers and crafters have all found a creative kinship with the city of love, and nowhere is this more obvious than at the home of homemade goodness: Etsy.

A quick search for 'Paris' will reveal nearly nine thousand results, ranging from photographic prints and scrabble tile pendants to items of clothing and magnets for your fridge.

I undertook the horrifically difficult and painful job of having to admire all the beautiful pieces that are available to find for you the ultimate in craft that is inspired by Paris:


Does it not simply make you sigh contentedly at its whimsical delight? If you're craving further Parisian inspiration, head across to Petits Details, one of the most beautiful French blogs on the web.

Now tell me: where in the world do you find you have a creative kinship with?

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (14)

On July 6, 2009 at 2:23 PM , Teegs said...

Sigh... Paris...

 
On July 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM , Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

Paris is where my heart lies, I love everything about it. Most beautiful city in the world x

 
On July 6, 2009 at 2:52 PM , Cathie said...

ahhh..gorgeous..how I long to revisit there again.
My partner's dad lives in Paris so the chance to go back will definitely come round. now when..who knows.

 
On July 6, 2009 at 4:48 PM , sophi said...

thanks for featuring my earrings :)♥
www.jesophi.etsy.com

 
On July 6, 2009 at 6:39 PM , Tiges and Weince said...

Hi Sandra,
What is it with Paris aahhhhhhhhh. I dream of the place, read my blog & my current rading right now & you will see my obsession too. I have nothing but amazing memories for the place having visited serveral times (thanks to employers, but once on my $$). She is such a beautiful city. If you & your other readers want to talk Paris please include me.

 
On July 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Sandrine said...

I was back there in December myself and my hubby always make a time for Paris when I return home.Yes there is something about Paris I agree!I walked through Notre Dame last time and it gave me "un frisson"!Thanks for the post Sandra!;)

 
On July 6, 2009 at 9:29 PM , Handmade said...

New York - I haven't even been there - but combine a love of tap dancing with fashion and where else???

 
On July 7, 2009 at 12:00 AM , Little Munchkins said...

I love London, having been to University there. Paris is a close second. I visited there when I was a student and also for my honeymoon so it's a special place for me too.

 
On July 7, 2009 at 2:37 AM , Unknown said...

Beautiful collection of images! not sure yet where that creative kinship is - maybe I need to travel more!

 
On July 7, 2009 at 3:25 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh gosh Sandra... where in the world?! I'm not as well travelled as I'd like to be, but I must agree with you that Paris is one incredible city... I love the endless stone steps...the metal railings, the views... the laneways (what we in England call "alleyways")... , the cafe's, the markets... the art....oh, I could go on (and I am, so it seems!!) But I think there is one place in England that I will always love and that is Cumbria. Mountainous, pretty, green, lakes.... just stunning.

Thanks for the Parisian inspiration! Hope you're having a great time!
Love to both you and Sharon!
Vikki xoxo

 
On July 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous said...

I have dreamt of going to Paris since I was a child and am soooo envious, really enjoying reading about your trip so far!!!

 
On July 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM , Trudy said...

So awesome that you can travel so much.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

 
On July 11, 2009 at 5:02 AM , petits détails said...

Hello, Sandra -- Many thanks "et un grand merci" for so kindly mentioning my blog on -your- beautiful blog. I love the Paris-inspired pieces you chose!

Happy travels and "bon voyage" to you! :)

 
On July 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Karin said...

Paris is indeed beautiful and romantic and all the other cliches you can think of.

For me, I would move to San Fran in a heartbeat. I think it has a really creative vibe to it. Not dissimilar to Melbourne. *sigh*