'Twas the day of Christmas,

And although it was in July,

There was no reason not to celebrate,

And call on that red suited guy!

Anyone who knows anything about me is well aware that Christmas brings out that special something in me. The joyous sounds of carols, the sparkle of fairy lights, and the delicious smell of Polish cooking really bring a twinkle to my eye. So what better thing to do than to celebrate it twice in the one year? Welcome, therefore, to this very Pepperberry Christmas in July, thanks to Maggi over at Kata Mommy!

I awoke on this Christmas in July full of anticipation. Would I receive something lovely in the post, perhaps?

Unlikely, considering my letterbox is 7378 kilometres away...

Maybe something would be waiting for me under the tree?

Nope. That's not only 7378 kilometres away, but also packed away tightly in a beautiful white box...

So what would it be?
Well, this Christmas, my darling Santa brought me:
- a complete computer meltdown;
- a race around sweaty Bangkok to have my motherboard replaced;
- a complete Windows OS breakdown; and
- a lovely German man who temporarily fixed my computer until Monday, when I will race around sweaty Bangkok again to have my computer fixed... again.

Oh, dear! I think someone accidentally put me on the naughty list this year!

My Christmas cheer has therefore been slightly subdued... in fact, one might call me a downright cranky pants. With that in mind, I took this quiz to find out exactly which Christmas character I am, and guess what? I'm Mrs. Claus! Apparently, my unwavering support, hospitality, and comforting touch have landed me this important role. Further, I supposedly know how to take good cheer and deliver it wherever I go, spreading warmth even on the coldest winter days.

Let me just make it clear that that's not how chirpy I look at this very moment...

However, in the spirit of the day, I still wanted to share some bloggy joy with you. I have been saving this gorgeous tutorial until that special day in December, but I simply couldn't wait any longer!

The lovely Nikki over at Project: Domestic Bliss created this spectacular, simple and cost-effective Christmas Silhouette, and now you can too with her brilliant tutorial. The possibilities, however, do not stop at Christmas- this clever idea can be used with images of your family, friends, holiday spots, pets... anything!

I'm off to carve an image of a functioning computer now. May your Christmas in July be far merrier than mine- and don't forget to tell me what you asked Santa for!

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (32)

On July 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Marie said...

Best wishes for a quick resolve to computer turmoil! Merry Christmas!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 12:53 AM , permanentcloud said...

merry christmas in july! :) hope your day gets better!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 1:38 AM , ambette said...

I feel your pain. Bangkok is indeed sweaty!

Be sure to visit Vertigo bar on top of the Banyan Tree hotel for some awesome views and delicious cocktails. Coolest bar ever.

 
On July 26, 2009 at 2:06 AM , Maggi said...

HO HO HO!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I came in from the warm and sun,
To find that Christmas has begun!

Oh dear Mrs Claus, I'm so sorry your computer decided to take a rest during the holiday! I hope you're able to get it figured out soon! I love that project, thanks for the tutorial!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Rest of Your Year!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 2:09 AM , Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas in July! Looved visiting your little spot on the web!!!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 2:30 AM , Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas in July! Just stopping by from Maggi's. I hope you day gets better as the hours pass! Treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it! :)

<3 Gina

 
On July 26, 2009 at 3:20 AM , Kristy said...

Merry Christmas in July Sandra! Only 5 more months until the real deal comes around. Glad to hear from you, and wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your computer-fixing adventure =)

 
On July 26, 2009 at 4:45 AM , Jackie said...

Merry Christmas in July! I hope your day gets better :)

 
On July 26, 2009 at 4:55 AM , Winchester Manor said...

Merry Christmas in July! Thanks for the tutorial. Sending good thoughts your way!!

xoxo
Karyn

 
On July 26, 2009 at 5:42 AM , Sara Beth said...

so sorry you are having such a rotten day! heres to a better tomorrow!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 5:50 AM , Eileen said...

Oh you poor thing! I'm sending you wishes for a new computer. I loved your pics, too. It's so sweet of you to still spread some cheer despite your meltdown. Merry Christmas in July! Stop by for a visit any time.
~Bella (Beauty Does Matter)

 
On July 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM , Unknown said...

Oh no! I'm sorry for the computer troubles! Thanks for taking the time to post! Wow! Good luck to you and your computer!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM , Molly Anne said...

Thanks for the tutorial link!

I was going to come up with a fun rhyme to cheer you, but I think you'd probably cheer faster if you didn't have to grimace over my silly poetry. ;)

 
On July 26, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

Good to hear from you again Sandra! Hope you are enjoying your trip x

 
On July 26, 2009 at 9:59 AM , Daniella said...

Hope your day gets better!! Merry christmas in July!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM , HiHo said...

hey, grumpy pants...remember Santas watching, you better be good. Enjoy the party and start over tomorrow. Merry, merry. heidi

 
On July 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Aawwwwwwwwwww Sandra! Happy Christmas in July! One day you will look back and smile at the memories of running around Bangkok! The mishaps become as special in memory as the "good" times! I hope Santa brings you some rose tinted glasses so you can enjoy those memories sooner rather than later! LOL...

Thinking of you!!!
Hugs and love
Vikki xoxoxo

 
On July 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM , Cathie said...

ohhh noo! I know how much you love your baby!
hope it's better soon :)

 
On July 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM , yyam said...

Merry X'mas! I love that picture of the postman bringing gifts!!!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 2:45 PM , That Crazy Ajumma said...

Oh no,I know what it's like to have a sick computer!
I was lost without it!
Hope you can still have a Merry Christmas in July

 
On July 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM , laterg8r said...

love the cranky pants! so glad the german helped you! merry christmas in july!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM , GypsyFox said...

Merry Christmas in July, so sorry about your compter!

 
On July 26, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I'm lucky, I have a son who is a computer genius. Too bad we are so many thousand kilometers away. At least you were able to join in on the Christmas cheer.

 
On July 26, 2009 at 7:48 PM , JANN said...

thinking of you all the way over there from me all the way here from TEXAS . Sorry to hear of the computer problems, hope they work out for the best :) enjoyed viewing your blog...HAPPY HOLIDAYS - GOD BLESS ALL

 
On July 26, 2009 at 10:01 PM , Tania said...

Ew. Motherboard issues. Bangkok motherboard issues. Having had some experience with that sort of thing myself and with my hearty sympathies, I suggest a more appropriate name change: the Motherinlawboard.

 
On July 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM , Scrappy Girl said...

Merry Christmas in July!

 
On July 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous said...

Hope your mid-year Christmas season brightens up! I can just imagine the heat in Bangkok! Do keep healthy and I hope all problems will be rectified quickly:)

 
On July 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM , The Beauty Bargainista said...

hey Girly! Thanks so much for featuring my tutorial! I had a wonderful time doing it and have so many more ideas for this coming christmas season!! :)

 
On July 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM , Unknown said...

At least when the real Christmas comes you'll be cheery , lol ! Take care .

 
On July 28, 2009 at 1:52 AM , Kelly O. said...

OH Bah Humbug on your computer!!! :P

 
On August 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous said...

I hope you girls are having fun apart from all the computer crap that is, hope the computer stuff is sorted for you! I think my xmas character would be Scrooge these days!!

 
On August 8, 2009 at 1:18 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!

I got your lovely coasters in the mail yesterday and blogged about it today. Thanks very much - they're in use already! :)