~ CHAPTER .1. ~

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a little girl with a penchant for paper.

This little girl loved paper of all sorts... handmade paper, textured paper, fibrous paper, coloured paper, flower paper, Japanese paper... any and every piece of paper made her very happy indeed.



She would collect whatever paper she could, hide each piece in a special, secret place, and treasure it as though it were gold.

She would touch the paper, sniff the paper, pat the paper, and longingly stare at the paper all day long. On very, very special occasions, she would pull out just one piece of paper from her collection and make something beautiful for someone very, very special.



One of the reasons she so loved each and every bit of paper so very much was that she and her mother were very poor. This meant that to get just one piece of precious paper, she had to work very hard and save up all of her little coins.


As she stared at all those little coins in her hand, she promised herself that one day, she would find a way to share her beautiful paper with the whole world, not just with those who could afford it.

And so it was that this little girl grew up. She got a job and started earning money, and as she did, her treasured paper collection grew.

No matter how many pieces of paper she had, however, she never forgot the many times she had stared longingly through shop windows at all the beautiful paper that inspired her so, but that she couldn't take home with her.



As she travelled the world, she found that magical, handmade paper was tucked away in every corner of the globe. She added and added to her own collection, and as it grew, she remembered the promise she had made to herself: the promise to share this beauty and inspiration with the whole wide world.



And so, her childhood dream became a reality, and Papers By Pepperberry was born. She filled her little shop lovingly with every bit of treasured, special and beautiful paper she could find. In her heart, she hoped that somewhere out there, another little girl with a paper addiction would find her and realise she could now afford to fill her treasured collection and make many very, very special things for many very, very special people.




~ CHAPTER .3. ~

I hope you enjoy my new store, and this new chapter in my Pepperberry & Co. journey. Thank you all for believing in me since the very beginning and encouraging me to follow my dreams!

---
Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (11)

On September 19, 2009 at 5:46 AM , laterg8r said...

i sooo love paper too - there should be a paper hoarders anonymous :D

 
On September 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM , Dolores said...

I have always loved paper and have my own little stash. In order for others to use any, they must ask me first and show my which one they want. If it is something I am willing to share, they can have some. I feel the almost same way towards fabric too but a bit less than with the paper.

 
On September 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM , Skebba said...

I love love LOVE the kawaii paper! Major swoon.

Just a question, how did you make the mosaic of your Etsy stuff, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Cheers!

 
On September 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

Its a bit like fabric addiction. I love paper. Notebooks, little pads, sticky post it note type thingys, anything that takes my eye and looks a bit "special". Trouble is I should use and not hoard. Been having a fabric clearance in my sewing room and sending some off to someone who cant really afford to spend money on luxury's. Its a nice feeling too... :0)

 
On September 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM , Emma said...

Ooooh, I love papers... :)

 
On September 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM , Il Mare Atelier said...

I too used to love paper when I was a little girl. You have an amazing collection here!

~Su
http://ilmare.artfire.com
http://ilmareatelier.etsy.com

 
On September 19, 2009 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous said...

me too sandra...i still have boxes (!) of paper..all so pretty and textured and gorgeous....i will be checking out your new shoppy of paper!! I also have a "paper range" of cards so perhaps you will become my new supplier!!

 
On September 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM , Little Munchkins said...

I have a love affair with stationery too so I know how you feel. I have curbed it a lot and I think it has been channeled towards fabrics. Perhaps I should have just stuck with stationery, way cheaper!

 
On September 20, 2009 at 1:06 AM , The Dotty One said...

Ooooh lovely paper - a girl can never have too much stationary!! Good luck with the new shop xx

 
On September 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Merry said...

I am with you ....paper is just amazing. That is why I love creating cards as you can take a plain straight piece of paper and tear it or fold it and suddenly you have a flower or grass. You have such a beautiful collection...good luck with the shop.

 
On September 20, 2009 at 3:57 PM , Nikki said...

Congrats on the new venture Sandra...like gorgeous fabric, gorgeous paper is hard to resist.