Ok, let's be honest here. Any of us who run our own business, whether big or small, know that along with all of the joy, passion, creativity and independence comes one majorly horrid, blisteringly boring bit.




Finances.

Sigh!

Money can be hard to keep track of at the best of times, but I've found that getting my head around Etsy fees, PayPal fees, supply purchases, Market Stall fees, and sales can be nearly impossible. I've tried again and again to set up a beautiful, easy, functioning spreadsheet in Excel, but alas, it was never up to scratch. And so my finances went to... well, an unpretty place.



So, imagine how very excited I was when I found out that there was a brand spankin' new, super-simple, beautiful way of keeping your finances in order... for free. FREE, people. And easy. And clever.




Yes, I was over the moon! Of course, anything this exciting has to be shared with the world, so here it is. Head over to Outright.com and fall in love... then, if your finances are anything like mine were, have some fun entering data and getting all the pretty graphs up.


 
---

P.S. By the way... at the moment, everything is functioning at 100% for the U.S., and Australians, Canadians, New Zealanders and other are due to have a full-function 'Tax' section within the next few weeks. I clicked the little link to 'request taxes for Australia' (or whichever currency you work in) and had a response within six minutes! From a person! Wow. Great tool and great customer service. Can you tell I'm in love? So, if you're Aussie or Canadian or New Zealander and plan on using Outright, email them too so that they know the demand is there!


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (8)

On November 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Christy Amular said...

Outright is awesome! I signed up for it last month and it's great!

 
On November 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM , Xena said...

Thanks for that Sandra. I'm about to start doing the financ boredom myself. I've been the same as you money comes in money goes out.

 
On November 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM , Beck said...

This sounds really good, might have to go and check it out, thanks xo

 
On November 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM , ambette said...

Sweet! It's always good to know about these things, even if I don't need them right now, I might need them in future.... or know someone else that does.

 
On November 20, 2009 at 4:40 AM , Bill Watt said...

Howdy,

Bill from Outright here. I love that you love the app. :-)

I wanted to clarify one thing... we added some basic customization so now you can select AU as your country and we display the right currency. We won't have the full tax support for a while as we're just starting to talk about how we would roll out full support for international users.

Thanks!

Bill

 
On November 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM , Grace said...

Ooh. This looks interesting, would you be able to post a screen cap of what this program looks like (with your financial info blacked out of course)?

 
On November 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM , Lou said...

Hope the market went well on the weekend. A blog award for you on my blog. http://buttonsbyloulou.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-award.html
Lou

 
On November 23, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Erre54 said...

hi Sandra..
I'm MRita your 2009 Advent Swap patner
didn't you recive my e-mails?
Erre