Some things in life are so overwhelmingly exciting they just don't seem real.

A year ago, in March 2009, I dipped my nervous little toes into the big wide world after a bout of Chronic Depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I found the wonderful Stitches & Craft Show.

I learnt how to sew. 

From scratch!

I started a business.

I made stuff.

I sold stuff!


And I slowly got better.

And now, a year later, I have another mind-blowing achievement to celebrate... my very first stockist


A year ago, as I was sitting in my sewing classes and listening to the wisdom of some of craft's brightest stars, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day, something I made with my very own hands would be sitting on an actual shelf in an actual shop. 

But there they are, at the gorgeous Little Shop Of Handmade run by the even more gorgeous Bec. 

The Little Shop Of Handmade at 8 Woorayl St Carnegie

And I couldn't be more proud! Thank you to all of you who have supported me from day one. I couldn't have done it without you!

May all of your perseverance, blood, sweat, tears, laughter and hopes too turn into a dream come true...

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (13)

On March 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Cathie said...

well done gorgeous girl!!
you have done & gone through ALOT in the last year and you are very inspirational.
give that partner of yours a massive hug because she really is good for you!
hugs to you

 
On March 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM , CurlyPops said...

Congratulations on the amazingly fabulous news Sandra. It just goes to show that with hard work and perserverance, dreams really can come true. Go Pepperberry!

 
On March 4, 2010 at 2:35 PM , Beky said...

That is soooooooooo wonderful Sandra. Congratulations!!!!! You deserve it!!! Yeah!!!! Happy Dance!!!

 
On March 4, 2010 at 2:36 PM , Doc_Loki said...

I'm so very pleased for you. It's inspiring to see how much time and effort you've put into this, and satisfying to see it rewarded :)

 
On March 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

Aw good on you darl. You are an inspiration you really really are!!! xx

 
On March 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM , Jennie said...

Congratulations on this huge step, I hope you have a wonderful and long-lasting relationship with Little Shop of Handmade!

 
On March 4, 2010 at 6:00 PM , Unknown said...

Congratulations to you! The first of many I would say :)

 
On March 4, 2010 at 8:34 PM , objects of whimsy said...

Sandra Congratulations on your achievements I love your blog and look forward to visiting Little Shop of in the near future.

 
On March 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM , Mandy said...

Yay for you Sandra :-)

 
On March 4, 2010 at 10:01 PM , Beck said...

How wonderful for you. I loved reading about your experiences and how you have come so far through your craft. It's really inspiring and a great story, hope things just keep on getting better & better xo

 
On March 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM , Finki said...

Oh Yay, how exciting, I'll have to go visit the Pepperberry goodies and see them in there new home. Except I'm sure they will be walking out the door.....So glad to have been a part of your journey too, you're one fabulous woman to know ( :

 
On March 5, 2010 at 2:07 AM , Margaret said...

Very exciting news about "Little shop of". I'll have to drop in, given that I am in that part of the world far more than I want to be!! It has been great getting to know you and following your journey.

 
On March 5, 2010 at 2:14 AM , Harley Dee said...

Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you, and wish you all the wonderful, happy little fuzzies in life dear :)