My office resembles a factory. Well, it would if the factory belonged to a mad scientist with a severe addiction to expensive fabrics and a market coming up in seven days.

There is fabric spread everywhere. Little 'Pepperberry & Co.' labels line my desk and scraps and threads cover the floor. There are pins all over the place and a little black box sits proudly in the corner, slowly filling up with things I've made to sell at the market.

There is a running joke at my house for me to get back to my 'sweatshop' whenever I spend too long away from my sewing machine. I suppose I could call it sweatshop, but it's so chilly here in Melbourne that I've dubbed it a Shivershop instead!

This is not just any Shivershop, mind you. It's a jittery one. Why's that, you may ask? Well, I made a fatal error this morning.

Twice.

Let me introduce my error by clarifying that I rarely, if ever, drink any caffeinated beverages. This morning seemed like a good time to start, though, and why do anything by halves? So, I had a cup of coffee.

And then I had another one.

Needless to say, I'm now a jittery jumping jutter bug. I'm blinking rapidly, breaking threads with my bear hands, sewing at high speed and tap dancing under the table- all at the same time!

Oh, dear. May the world be safe from my twitching eyeballs.

---
Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (10)

On April 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM , Liz said...

Aahh Sandra, you poor old sausage you. But yes it is freezing, you should try it up here, we've had rain, hail and lots and lots of wind. On the bright side though we might get some snow flurries tomorrow :8)
big hugs, Lizzie

 
On April 26, 2009 at 12:35 AM , Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

*snickers* may the world be safe...you are a hoot! I am loving that fabric! I cannot wait to see your stuff and hear how it all sold out!

 
On April 26, 2009 at 12:47 AM , Alison said...

With the market coming up in seven days, you'd better keep the coffee flowing!

I love your site. I recently clicked a few clicks and found my way to Australia (a place that is on my "bucket list"). I also love the fabrics and projects you do. I'm a bit of a photographer and paper crafter so colors and textures "speak" to me.

Keep up the wonderful work! Peace from Northern Virginia, USA.

 
On April 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM , sarasophia said...

So happy to find your blog--thanks for leaving a comment on mine:) I myself am a caffeine addict and I so wish I could break the habit.....

Sometimes "jittery" just translates "lots of work done"----

<3.
sarasophia

 
On April 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

I cracked up. Wish you could post a video of that, especially the tap dancing under the table! Good luck with getting everything ready for the market. And take it easy on the coffee, you dont want to spill any of it on your fabo fabrics while you are doing your next dance routine!! : )

 
On April 26, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous said...

lol - Your description of yourself today reminds myself of me at work the other day - it was the result of two things - a new prescription pain killer from the doc that had me feeling very happy and dancy, and the addition of a cup of coffee (not having drunk any for a couple of weeks) that was so strong, it was nearly espresso! In the words of one of my co-workers, I was "...zooming around like a demented bee.". *heh*

Judging by your weather report, it sounds like you're in fall - but here, we're in spring - and today is an unseasonably warm one at that - 30 degrees. THIRTY!! That's late August, sweltering, rolling black outs weather!

So, I took my sewing table out to the backyard, and quilted in a camisole and capris. Next week, we'll be back to more normal spring weather, and I expect I'll be shivering along with you, in my, normally quite cool sewing room.

:)

 
On April 26, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Thank you to everyone for their gorgeous comments. I did just want to clarify, though, that those lovely pictures of fabric and coffee aren't mine. Whilst I usually have the time to take my own and upload them, right now I don't- I think you know why!! I sourced them from a copyright/royalty-free site. I will add, however, that my fabric collection is just as gorgeous- if 40 times bigger!! Addict :-)

 
On April 26, 2009 at 9:37 AM , Sew Useful Designs said...

...And I thought we were having another earth tremor here in Melbourne... it was just your toes tapping!!! :-) I can't wait to see some pics of your produce!! If you get the time to take any of course! xx Keep up the good work sweetie!
Vikki x

 
On April 26, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Calidore said...

Hehehe coffee does the same for me Sandra. Sounds like you are getting heaps done - lucky you.

 
On April 26, 2009 at 6:16 PM , Karin said...

I have exactly the same reaction over coffee! Sounds like you're being really productive though...ace! (Just ignore the pulse through your eyelid, that should soon pass)