Are you ready for the most exciting news that I have heard since learning that other people actually read my blog and leave comments?

I’m featured on someone else’s blog! Now, I know that for many of you, this is a regular occurrence; for me, however, this is the news to light up my Easter weekend as it’s my first time!

The gorgeous Cathy, aka Miss Marzie and one half of the über-talented duo of Audrey and Maude, recently received a little gift from me. It was a special ‘Thank You’ gift to celebrate the fact that she was the one who taught,
inspired and gave me the confidence to sew freely at the Melbourne Stitches and Craft Show. I’d found a gorgeous little pattern for a journal cover on Bloom and Blossom, and thought it would be the perfect thing to send her as she’s always got a notebook with her.

Her ridiculously talented son has taken this beautiful photo of my creation:


And it’
s now on the front page of her blog! I’m so proud :-)

I also created other covers for three special ladies I wanted to thank: a selvege-inspired piece for Jodie, the Queen of Selvege, over at Ric Rac; an earthy brown one featuring Ink& Spindle’s luscious Birch in Brown for a good friend; and a vibrant red one using Ink & Spindle’s beautiful Birch in Deep Red for my dear friend Flippa, who’s all the way in England.


I had a blast sewing them, although I did face some difficulties as this is all so new to me. However, being able to hold the final product was so rewarding that the hiccups have since slipped from my mind. You should really go and check out the tutorial- it’s really well explained and so easy to follow!

See you all tomorrow! I hope you’re having a relaxing Easter.

---

Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (5)

On April 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM , Jodie said...

eeek, and I have been so slack and yet to email a proper thankyou ! BUT, there is a funny little envelope here with your name on it...It'll be in the post tomorrow.

jod

Oh and I adore my notebook cover ! it perfectly fits and is just so perfectly selvedgy me-ish.

Thankyou from the bottom of my selvedgy heart

 
On April 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM , Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Your stuf is beautiful! Of course it was on someone else's blog....I think that is going to happen to you a lot!!

 
On April 15, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Jo said...

Those covers look beautiful! Yes, get used to being mentioned on someone else's blog.
Love the selvedgey one!!!

 
On April 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Lovely trio of notebook covers! That Ink and Spindle fabric is gorgeous.

 
On April 18, 2009 at 11:22 AM , Cathy said...

I just love my notebook cover - thank you so much again and again. I have really missed reading what you have been up to! By the way, my son would love to take credit for the photos but I took them! I thought that they came out alright too!