Well, my friends, what a fortnight it has been! Sharon and I have rescued a baby Joey, nearly bought 20 acres of land, caught up with people we haven’t seen in far too long, and of course, I’ve been crafting away. I’ve created gorgeous, vintage-inspired handmade paper; sewn my first set of notepad covers; started on my first soft toy project; designed a pattern for a passport cover; and stumbled through creating a thread-catcher. I’m exhausted just thinking about it!

But why, you ask, have I not been keeping my gorgeous readers up-to-date with these adventures? Well... I have a little secret. I’ll tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else...

Ready?


I’m addicted to the internet. Absolutely addicted. In a don’t-get-my-hit-and-I-start-trembling, would-choose-it-as-one-of-my-three-things-to-take-to-a-desert-island kind of way. I’m so addicted that if you made me choose between the internet and a plate of white chocolate mud cake laced with roasted macadamias and topped with freshly picked raspberries, I would choose the internet... although my stomach says that it’s a close call!

What does this addiction have to do with my disappearance from the land of blog, however? Well, a few weeks’ ago, I may have got a touch excited when downloading all the awe-inspiring goodies over at the Digifree Scrapbooking Freebie page... and I exceeded my entire month’s worth of internet capacity in a two-day period.


Oh. My. God.


This has meant that for the last two weeks and three days and seven hours and twenty-three minutes, I have been unable to go online- but who’s counting?
I am, damnit! I’ve been sitting in my dark little hole like a rabbit, squirreling away at my projects and being unable to connect with all my wonderful crafty friends out there in blogland. I haven’t been able to hunt down crafty ideas, look up solutions to crafty problems, read my favourite crafty blogs, or post about my crafty progress- and it’s killed me!

So now I’m back, and I’m here with a vengeance. There is sooo much to catch you up on that the next week of blog posts is going to make your head spin. There will be tutorials and craft failures and lessons learnt, as well as links to inspiring finds and tales from the crazy, animal-filled world of Pepperberry & Co.


Put your seatbelts on and get ready for the ride!

---

Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (2)

On April 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM , Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is funny and terrifying all at the same time! I cannot imagine having no net. See I am addicted too!

 
On April 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM , Crafterella said...

I feel your pain, I actually threated a computer tech when he told me he couldn't fix my computer until the following day, I also demanded he rig it up so I could take it home to use that night and then took it back the next day. It seems that computers suck up a lot of cat hair and mine needed to hack up a hair ball and have a new fan installed!