My darling bloggy friends! How I have missed thee!

I've taken nearly a month off from blogging in order to travel the wild roads of South East Asia, but the little niggling twitch in my left eyeball has been a constant reminder of what I miss about the blogosphere: the friendship, the crafting, the inspiration and the sharing. Enough is enough, my eyeball has said! So I have picked up the tools of the trade and am back in bloggy business.

What have we been up to for the past month? Well...

This might surprise all my regular readers, but the month has definitely been filled with eating, and a lot of eating at that. But how can I resist when it looks like this?

There has also been the checking out of shiny, pretty, golden things... and the development of a mild case of kleptomania. If only that giant Buddha would fit in my handbag...

There has been laughter, silliness, dancing, the patting of many stray cuties and endless good times with the gorgeous Sharon and the wonderful Teegs, who joined us for 3 amazing weeks.

And, you will be proud to know, I have actually left my computer (a challenge like no other, now that I own Adobe CS4 and Sims 3!) and actually seen some sights- in both Thailand and Laos!
Whew! No wonder I haven't been blogging! Sharon and I have chosen to settle in Bangkok for the next two months, though, so I'm back in action and can't wait to play in the blog-and-craftosphere.

I have many things to share with you, including new fabric, tales of a stamp carving adventure, fabulous finds from around the web, a Top Secret Project that involves fibres and an addiction, a whole new range of Etsy goodies, and an inspiring craft project that I'm going to need your help with.

Excitement, here we come! Stay tuned this week for all the news...

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (23)

On August 17, 2009 at 11:26 PM , Kristy said...

Yay! Welcome back Sandra! Those are gorgeous photos, I can't even immagine how everything must look in person. And the food- holy crap you've got me craving Asian. Glad you're having a great time!

 
On August 17, 2009 at 11:26 PM , Kristy said...

Oops, drop an "m" up there. =P

 
On August 17, 2009 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back love! :) Can't wait to read about your adventures!

 
On August 17, 2009 at 11:55 PM , Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Lovely to catch up on all your news (and photos). Looking forward to reading more of your adventures and projects.

 
On August 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM , Tania said...

Welcome back Eyeball! We missed you too...

 
On August 18, 2009 at 4:08 AM , Harley Dee said...

I'm so jealous at all of the food you've gotten to eat! :D I'm glad you're having a good time though. Can't wait to see more pics :)

 
On August 18, 2009 at 7:00 AM , laterg8r said...

wonderful trip - love love the pics - glad you are back :)

 
On August 18, 2009 at 7:54 AM , Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Welcome back to blogging. I've been enjoying the little bits you write on Facebook, but it will be good to have some more meaty posts here.

 
On August 18, 2009 at 8:56 AM , One Flew Over said...

Welcome back!! It looks like you had one hell of a trip - very envious!!!

 
On August 18, 2009 at 9:06 AM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Welcome back - looks like you are having an amazing adventure!

 
On August 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Hello sweetie!!! :-)

I was just checking your blog yesterday to see if there were any updates I may have missed!

The food looks so colourful! And all that gold... I'm usually a silver girl, BUT! I can make exceptions for giant Buddha's!!!!!

Enjoy your time in Bangkok (Confucious say.. man who go through turnstile sideways... he go to Bangkok!) SORRY!!! I couldn't resist that one!!! LOL...

Lots of love to you and Sharon. You have been greatly missed in blogland!!!

Hugs! Vikki xoxo

 
On August 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM , Finki said...

what an amazing visual display of your travels. I feel like I'm there, and I can almost smell how good that food is.

 
On August 18, 2009 at 10:20 AM , Teegs said...

Such great pics, I also totally feel like I was there! Oh.. Hang on a sec... Haha ;)
I miss you guys! Tangy says he misses you too, but that you are to have an awesome two months in BK

 
On August 18, 2009 at 1:06 PM , Danielle said...

Welcome back to blogosphere! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime, so far! I'm getting hungry just looking at all of the deliciousness... is that even a word? Rock on sista... enjoy the rest of your time away!

 
On August 18, 2009 at 3:00 PM , laterg8r said...

hey, didn't know julie & julia was a book - so have to read it. i liked the movie, thought it was charming.

weirdly, i can't really see 3D - i always see both images so i don't really like it.

 
On August 18, 2009 at 3:24 PM , Cathie said...

great to hear from you Sandra, great pics!!
enjoy x

 
On August 18, 2009 at 4:26 PM , Karin said...

I love Laos and Thailand. Did you visit the waterfalls in Luang Prabang?

The food looks amazing too!

 
On August 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM , Unknown said...

Hey Sandra great to hear from you !

 
On August 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM , Sandrine said...

You sound like having the time of your life!!Welcoming your eye balls back to bloggy land!!;))Looking forward to the rest of the adventure now Sandra;)

 
On August 18, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Lola said...

We share a great follower in Tinkering L8 - love her blog too!

xxxLOL LOLA:)

 
On August 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM , Lola said...

Unfortunately my earlier comment didn't get published - Blogger bug again! So here goes again!

Many thanks for yr lovely comment - big hugs to Tango too!

So glad you had such a great trip. Did you manage the Mekong boat trip & waterfall from Luang Prabang? I visited Laos & Cambodia this Feb & loved the food too!

If you'd like to know a bit more about my life as a canine, I've pretty well laid out my lifestory in my 2 recent posts "Interviewed by Oprah" Parts 1 & 2!! (Am a bit of a motor mouth!)

Hope you're having a great week too & I'll be back here again soon to check out more lovely posts!

xxxLOL LOLA:)

 
On August 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM , Calidore said...

Ohh the food and the photos. It looks like you are having the most amazing time. Enjoy yourself.

 
On August 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM , Michelle said...

Hello! I've missed you! Looks like you're having a wonderful time.

Thanks for your comment on my blog earlier - the goss on the gallery is that it's a new gallery opening up in a country town nearby, and they will be selling my bags and brooches. I'm very excited!