Today is a very special day for me at Pepperberry & Co: it's my 50th blog post!

I always like to use special dates and anniversaries as a time to reflect. Each New Year, I sit down and journal the incredible moments, achievements and highlights of the previous year, and make plans and wish lists for the upcoming one. I would like to do the same for this milestone in the Pepperberry & Co. journey.

I have been blogging, sewing, discovering, learning and laughing through the Pepperberry & Co. blog since March of this year. In that time, magical things have happened: I attended the incredible Stitches & Craft show, learnt how to sew,
figured out how to blog, bought Charlie the sewing machine, squealed as I was featured on other blogs, had my first market, went crazy with giveaways, started my Etsy shop, shared tutorials, and discovered the worlds of Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. These are some incredible achievements, and I feel so happy and proud to have been able to experience them all.

The absolute highlight, however, has been meeting my crafty friends from across the globe. With every comment I receive, every market I do, and every craft event I attend, I discover a new blogger; someone else out there in the virtual world creating amazing craft, making her readers laugh, and sharing her incredible journey with the world. I have been phenomenally inspired by the endless determination, talent, and creativity out there on the handmade highway, and I hope that I celebrate that enough in my little corner of the blogging planet.

Today, I would like to say thank you to the beautiful group of people who have supported me on my journey: those who have been with me from the very beginning and have shared my joys and helped me through my struggles; each and every person who has commented on my posts and brought a smile to my day; the shoppers at Pepperberry & Co. who help make my small business dream come true; the Melbourne crafters who have made me laugh, cry and learn; and the followers and readers who I am yet to know, and who I look forward to being friends with in the future.

Without you, Pepperberry & Co. would not exist, and my heart would not be full of crafty love. Thank you. May the next 50 posts see as much joy, laughter, silliness, craftiness, friendships, and learning as those that I have already written.
xx Sandra

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (28)

On August 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Congrats on the big 50! And welcome to DUST too.

 
On August 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM , Tanya said...

HI SaDRA,
well done, I enjoy reading your blog, but comment very often- thanks for sharing and inspiring!
Tanya

 
On August 31, 2009 at 7:08 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Ahhhh you're a sweetie, Sandra! :-)

I believe that anything is possible! You just have to make it happen - and you are really good at making it happen!

Congratulations on your 50th post, sweetie! I hope you're enjoying your time in Bangkok! :-) When are you due back home again?

Warm wishes and big hugs!
Vikki xoxo

 
On August 31, 2009 at 7:20 PM , Cathy said...

Congrats Sandra! You are an amazing lady and you inspire all of us with your passion and love of crafting. Can't wait to read the next 50 posts, you are so entertaining!

 
On August 31, 2009 at 7:55 PM , ambette said...

Congrats Sandra! I'm a long way off achieving all the amazing things you've done, but you give me hope :)

 
On August 31, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Nikki said...

Congrats on 50 posts Ms Pepperberry. What a full-on and exciting six months it's been for you.

 
On August 31, 2009 at 8:11 PM , Kristalee said...

WOW 50 posts and soo many followers in that time! Congratulations you are one talented lady xx

 
On August 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous said...

What a lovely post, Sandra! And congratulations on your 50th post!

I know you're very busy right now, so I want to give you a head's up. On Friday, I'm doing a pretty nice (I think) givewaway - it'll be for my followers only to thank all of YOU for your support along the way, and I'm going to be doing the drawing on Saturday morning.

Come on by on Friday to win!

xo

 
On August 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM , Jodie said...

I hope you are having a ball !

 
On August 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM , CurlyPops said...

Congratulations on such a fabulous year - what an exciting time it's been for sure!

 
On August 31, 2009 at 9:08 PM , Kylie said...

Congratulations on your 50th post! Wow! You really have done soooo much over that time. It's been a pleasure to read along with you on your exciting bloggy adventures. xx

 
On August 31, 2009 at 9:10 PM , Loki said...

Congratulations on reaching this milestone, and best wishes for attaining future ones.

Oh, and remind me when you get back - I have crafty friends who would like to meet you :)

 
On August 31, 2009 at 9:27 PM , Ange Moore said...

Congrats on the 50 posts! Love reading about what you're up to and just wish Bass Strait weren't so wide so that it's be easier to get in on some of that wonderful Melbourne craftiness!

 
On August 31, 2009 at 9:46 PM , It's A Wonderful said...

Congratulations! Your blog is wonderful and you are so creative! I can't believe you learned to sew only this year! (I totally missed my own one year blog anniversary!). Keep up the fabulous work and thank you for your friendship!

 
On August 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM , Lariata said...

Wow! Congratulations! Wish you much more creative and great posts and be the same active in future too :)))

 
On August 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Little Munchkins said...

Congratulations on your 50 post and may there be many, many more!

 
On September 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM , laterg8r said...

sandra - so glad you are having such a wonderful time in the virtual world - loving your blog :D

 
On September 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM , Merry said...

What a wonderful post...congrats on doing so much in such a short time. I have to agree with you the land of blog is very inspiring.

 
On September 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Finki said...

can't believe it's only been since march. you've done so much and come so far, an inspiration...

 
On September 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM , Unknown said...

Hey Sandra what a beautiful heartfelt post . I am so glad you're here and I look forward to your next 50 , congratulations !

 
On September 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous said...

yay for reaching this wonderful milestone!!
thanks for sharing so much wonderful ideas, lovely insipiration and gorgeous stories in the past 50 posts :) looking forward to more :D

 
On September 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM , One Flew Over said...

Happy 50th post! Can't wait to hear and see all you do in the future!!

 
On September 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM , Xanna's Jewelry Box said...

Congrats! I guess you could say I'm where you were in March, and reading your blog inspires me:) Thank you Xanna :)

 
On September 1, 2009 at 1:22 PM , cindy said...

My first visit to your blog...so colorful and appealing to view! I look forward to following you! thanks, cindy

sweetcindylouwho.etsy.com

sweetcindylouwho.blogspot.com

 
On September 1, 2009 at 5:08 PM , Eva said...

awwww.. you're so sweet, Sandra! Thank you for sharing one corner of your life :)
Dreams are there to fulfill them, so keep on going and fulfilling and celebrating every day of your life.
eva

 
On September 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM , Peta said...

I can't believe this is 'only' your 50th post! You have a squillion followers, you blog about other poeples ideas, you share your own, your create tutorials for us all, and you inspire.
So I wanted to say THANK YOU to you for doing all of the above.

I'll be looking forward to many more.

Thank you for posting about all of the satchels /bags some time time ago ("just call me the bag Lady - July) - I have worked up the courage to try one and am pretty pleased thus far with my attempt at "proper sewing with a machine" v's the hand sewing that i know and love (my comfort zone of craft). Anyway I wouldnt have found that tut' had you not posted it - so, again Thank you

 
On September 2, 2009 at 11:26 AM , Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations on 50 posts -- I love your wordle!

 
On September 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Cathie said...

fantastic Sandra! the best thing was meeting the lovely you! thanks for sharing your adventures with us :)