I've recently noticed that every crafter I meet has a soft spot for gourmet food.

Instead of delving into the sociocultural reasonings for this, I thought I'd share with you a pesto recipe so delicious that it'll make your cheeks pink, and so quick that it'll leave you plenty of time to get on with your crafting.



WHAT YOU'LL NEED (feel free to take out the commentary)

-1 pot of fresh basil (you know, about a bowl full of fresh basil leaves)
-1 small tub of semi-dried tomatoes (
approx 250gm- can you tell I make it up as I go?)
-1 packet of pine nuts (
250gm- I only know because my packet tells me!)
-1/2 cup of olive oil (try not to dwell on the future heart disease)
-2 crushed cloves of garlic (mmm, smelly)
-Salt & Peppa (insert cheesy 80s song here)
-50gm of Feta (optional! I use vegan Kolios Feta- ask for it at your local continental deli)

WHAT TO DO

1. Lightly toast the pine nuts in a frying pan.
2. Place the basil, semi-dried tomatoes, crushed garlic, oil, salt, pepper and feta into a food processor and blend until you have a Slightly Chunky Paste (that's the Scientific Name for it)
3. Add the pine nuts and blend until they are broken up into small chunks. Don't over blend- you want your pesto to have some texture!

HOW TO SERVE IT

1. Heat it through pasta, then sprinkle chunks of Marinated Artichoke Hearts on top.

2. Smother a pizza base with it instead of using tomato paste.
3. Cover your veggies with it and pop them into the oven to roast.
4. Spread it as a base for delicious Bruschetta.
5. Please remember to remove all drool prior to serving. I sometimes forget.

Share, enjoy, then get back to crafting!

---

P.S. Pics thanks to the ever-useful Stock.Xchng!

Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (16)

On May 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

We love pesto too! Haven't made it from scratch for a while. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
On May 20, 2009 at 10:17 PM , randi said...

Yum! We just planted a bunch 'o basil in the garden so I will be keeping this one handy for later in the summer. Thanks!

 
On May 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM , Unknown said...

That pesto is for me ! Easy and tasty !

 
On May 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM , Rachel said...

oh my! yes, yes, yes. it's only 10 am here but i'm drooling.

 
On May 21, 2009 at 7:28 AM , L. jane E. said...

I love pesto! Sadly munchkin has allergies that preclude the indulgence. I guess I'll just have to come to your site and drool.

 
On May 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM , One Flew Over said...

YUMMO! Pesto is on the menu. Love it x

 
On May 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM , Finki said...

Oh yeah, good stuff!. I shall be attempting this before the weeks out. Looks scrumptious.

 
On May 21, 2009 at 11:02 PM , Kristy said...

Thanks for sharing! I haven't tried pesto yet, but I got a basil plant ready for good use. This just might be it =)

By the way, stockxchng = best.

 
On May 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM , It's A Wonderful said...

Mmmmmmmm...I love pesto!

 
On May 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM , Jo said...

Yum, that sounds delicious! The sundried tomatoes added sounds cool.

 
On May 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

ooh you have been tagged. Check my blog for details : )

 
On May 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Sandrine said...

Hi Sandra, Nice to meet you and your blog:)This Pesto recipe is so miam,I am a big pesto fan (coming from Provence) Must try yours!
Sandrine :)

 
On May 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM , Thimbleanna said...

I looks delicious! Thanks for sharing a quick recipe!

 
On May 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM , Karin said...

I looove home made pesto! I don't use sundried tomatoes though. I'll keep that one in mind for next time!

 
On June 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM , Ink and Spindle said...

Ok, I have eaten this from the hand of the master herself: amazingly delish & super highly recommended.
xx Teegs

 
On September 2, 2009 at 6:09 PM , planettreasures said...

that sounds so yum and so easy. Especially with the feta.
I'll have to give it a go.