Knock knock.

Who's there?

A blog award.

Which blog award?

The Awe-Summm Blog Award!

The magnificently wondrous Felicity from FlickettySplits has tagged me for my very first blog award! I am blushing with excitement- thank you, Felicity!

The rules of the award are that I have to list 7 things that make me Awe-Summm... easy! But then... I have to pass the award on to 7 other bloggers I love. SEVEN? How am I meant to restrict myself to that?! I'll worry about that in a minute. Firstly, here is my list of...

WHY SANDRA IS AWE-SUMM

I AM ETERNALLY OPTIMISTIC
I can see the positive in the most ridiculous situations, and I think that comes with having led the life I have!

I WILL GIVE ANYTHING A GO
If there's a skill to be learnt, an adventure to be had, or an opportunity to grab, I'll do it. Why not, I say?

I'M A SOFTIE
I'm vegan, I own 5 precious pets, I'm a foster carer for animals, I cry during Oprah and I adore the Chicken Soup book series. I'm just one big, fat, soft-hearted blob.

I LOVE LEARNING
My whole life is filled with crazy things I have learnt, am learning or want to learn. I can't stop! I should found Learners Anonymous.

I CHALLENGE MYSELF
Life can be tough. Running my own business can be tough. Surviving some of the things I've been through and still getting up each morning can be tough. But I do it. I fight.

I LOVE WHO I AM
Sure, I'm lazy. Sure, I'm feisty. And passionate. And overly opinionated. And a technology nerd. And a total hermit at heart. But you know what? I love it. I'm perfectly content with me.

I SEARCH FOR INSPIRATION
I never give up looking for inspiration, and that's why the crafty/blogging community has been so wonderful. Every day, I am inspired by the phenomenal community we have created, the incredible support and love we give each other, and the indescribable talent we have between us.

7 AWE-SUMM BLOGGERS

Clearly, I have more than 7 favourite blogs- in fact, I have 80! Get started with these amazing reads...

A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR
If you don't instantly fall in love with the Mary Poppins-esque title, then you certainly will fall in love with these ladies' amazing photos, incredible crafts and lovely stories.




HERNANAMER: THE PROJECT JOURNAL
Kristy is a crafter from America living in gorgeous Northern Italy. She mixes beautiful photos with tales of her crafty adventures in her Project Journal.


DIVA QUILTS
Lovely Kit is a quilter in Canada, and her friendly vibe, gorgeous quilts, and ongoing projects will get you inspired to get on the quilting wagon!




CRAFT HOPE
This wonderful site is dedicated to getting crafters on board to create goodies for those in need. The current project is doll making for the Casa Bernabe Orphanage in Nicaragua. Get involved!




INK & SPINDLE
If you haven't heard of these 3 crafty gurus, you're living in space. They create the most luscious fabrics, and blog about their adventures as businesswomen.



BITS & ODD PIECES OF MINDY'S KINGDOM
The gorgeous Mindy, aka Princess of Everything (And Then Some) will have you in stitches with her crafty humour- puns very much intended!





KAYI DREAMING
The lovely Karin shares her beautiful illustrations, gorgeous leather work (I know, not very vegan!) and other crafts on her stylish blog.


Now, my friends, it's over to you: What is the most Awe-Summ thing about you?

---

Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (12)

On May 15, 2009 at 2:33 PM , Karin said...

Oh my! 'm so honored to be one of your 7 and in such fine company!! I better get cracking then...:)

 
On May 15, 2009 at 4:06 PM , Skribenten said...

Goooodmorning to you Miss Pebberberry.

First of all, let me congratulate you on the faboulus new sewingmachine. Mine is older than history itself and i'm SO envious yes I am... :)

A big congratualtion also is in it's place on your first award. That's just great and certainly much deserved.

I haven't been as active as I wanted to be, the last few days, having my son back in my life, blew my away.

I hope you and yours will have a wonderful weekend and that your cold is gone.

Hugs from Henriette ;-)

 
On May 15, 2009 at 5:22 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Hello there sweetheart! Congratulations on your first award! :-) You deserve it! And thank you for the insight into your life and into your mind - you're a gorgeous girl! Big hugs!

I'm going to check out those fabulous blogs over the weekend!

Hugs! Vikki x

 
On May 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM , XUE said...

Dear, dear Awe-summ Sandra...Congratulations so much!

 
On May 15, 2009 at 6:47 PM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Congratulations on the award Sandra - love your awe-summ facts - glad to see I am not the only one who cries at the drop of a hat :) Thanks so much for passing it on to us - much appreciated! Have a wonderful weekend playing with your new machine.

 
On May 15, 2009 at 9:47 PM , Kristy said...

Sandra! Congratulations on being so Awe-Summm!!! Always loving, learning, trying new things =)

Awe, shucks, thanks for including me in your 7 awe-summ bloglist. I'm so honored!

 
On May 15, 2009 at 10:36 PM , It's A Wonderful said...

Congratulations on your award! But curses...I must already have 200 "Favorite" bloggers, now I have seven more! No wonder I never accomplish anything, you know how long it takes to read all of those? Great choice in choosing the Princess, she's awesome!

 
On May 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM , Nikki said...

Well, I had my suspicions that you were indeed awesummmmm.... glad it's official now!

 
On May 16, 2009 at 11:25 AM , jdae said...

thanks for including craft hope! i feel the love!

 
On May 16, 2009 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! If you read my latest blog post, you'll see why I didn't see this sooner! thanks so much for the crafty love - but I'll have to post about it over the weekend or on Monday.

So sweet of you to nomimate me!

*kotc!*

 
On May 16, 2009 at 2:36 PM , L. jane E. said...

Awards are awesome! And you totally deserve it. I can't wait to visit your seven favs!

 
On May 17, 2009 at 12:31 AM , West Michigan Quilter said...

Hi, and congratulations. I just found your blog and love it. I'm bookmarking you! LOL.