The best thing about having bloggy Followers is that of being introduced to a whole new world of creative goodness through every reader. When people leave comments, I usually check out their blogs, often end up Following them, then get introduced to other blogs through them... and the world becomes my crafty oyster!

Throughout my exploring of Crafty Blogland, I have found some incredible creations that I am just dying to share with you all. These are a group of softies that have struck a cord with me due to their uniqueness, quirkiness, and the pure joy they bring to my heart when I look at them.

First up is the super-talented Dotty from The Dotty One, who pops out spectacular new softies so many times per week that I think she's secretly a softie machine! In the past few months, she's created these adorable disco fish,
multi-legged monsters, sweet little owls and Clive the Carrot. Check out her blog and shop for further inspiration!

Next up is the amazing Nikki from My Black Cardigan, who also bought you Tango the Magnet. Now, Nikki is always impressing me with her crafty talents, but there was one project in particular that blew me away: these softie replicas she made for friends who were celebrating their anniversary. If the miniature beach towels, pyjamas, bedtime toys and laptop don't make you squeal, then you're a hard-hearted wonder!

The talent must run in the family, because Nikki's sister Truj has also spoilt us with some softie sensations. Apparently, it all started with a mama pig and her bub, but then came a donkey, some chicks, a pair of womats, and a whole other array of gorgeous felted animals to make you never need a pet again. Too precious!

And finally, no list of Softie Inspiration would be complete without the Queen of Softies herself- the marvellous Jodie from RicRac.The imagination that this crafty wonder possesses has to be seen to be believed! A few weeks ago, she introduced her lucky blog readers to Parsley and Beet, the most handsome elephants to have ever gumbooted the Earth. Don't forget to check out her blog and shop for further cute attacks!

Surely after all that inspiration you're hankering for some tutorials? Yes? Good! For I have six delights to share with you today, and I can't wait to see the versions that you create!

First up, we have a delightful Dachshund and a lovely Lamb:

Then a cute Cat and Hoot the handsome owl:

And finally, a delicious Donkey and some mini Mice:

If you've ever wanted to create a soft toy and didn't know where to start, you've now run out of excuses. So, go! Create! Each of these tutorials is super-simple, well written and includes all pattern pieces and instructions. Enjoy!

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (20)

On June 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Finki said...

what amazing talent you've found. I absolutely love ricracs montage of ellies in the park, and all those tutorials too. Where to begin!!!!!
Thank you for sharing.

 
On June 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM , Cathie said...

Wow Sandra, thanks for putting up all those fantastic links. Now...the housework can wait.... :)

 
On June 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Ooh Ooh Ooh! Where do I start Sandra?!! Thank you soooo much for introducing us to these super talented ladies and picturing their softie goodness... I'm looking forward to checking it all out! :-)

Now i'm off to go play with my real-life little softie!!!

Hugs! Vikki xoxo

 
On June 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM , Tanya said...

HI, thanks heaps for all those beautiful links including the tutorials- the owl and the donkey are now on my to do list!
Tanya

 
On June 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM , Anonymous said...

thanks Sandra for the introductions some I know and love like Jodie and Nikki but I must check out the others and the links to the tutorials are fabulous!!

 
On June 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Katie B said...

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing the links. What talents! Where will I start? Probably with that sweet little owl.

 
On June 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM , Nikki said...

I feel a bit lucky to be included in this group of super cute softies! Thanks for sharing my boys Sandra... and for saying such lovely things. You've made my day!

 
On June 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM , One Flew Over said...

I love Jodie's creations...and her blog!

 
On June 25, 2009 at 8:24 PM , Unknown said...

What a great softie group you have there . Thanks for all the links .

 
On June 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Tania said...

Strike a light! Just downloaded Jodie's new mousies tutorial and now you waft another lot of the small critters under my nose. This house is going to be filled to the rafters, which is impressive given the extraordinary wimp I turn into at the merest notion of a four legged, long tailed whatsit.

 
On June 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM , Nikki said...

Great round-up Sandra! I'm looking forward to catching up with you (and a couple of these very talented people you've listed) tomorrow. woohoo!

 
On June 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM , Trudy said...

These are really cute Softies. I've been wanting to make some softies with my kids. I think they would really love that.

I've been enjoying your blog. I would love for you to come and visit my blog as well, www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com .

My 8 year old daughter has her own sewing blog. If you would like to see what she's up to, go to www.sewingsister.blogspot.com . She is currently learning how to hand sew. In a few weeks she will start learning how machine sew. She is very excited. Her six year old brother is also featured on her blog. He has been sewing right along with us. It's been a lot of fun sharing this with them.

Regards,

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

 
On June 26, 2009 at 4:15 AM , The Dotty One said...

Hi Sandra

Thank you so much for including me in your softie round up - I'm so honoured!! You are a star :-) Off to check out all the other links now.....

 
On June 26, 2009 at 7:57 AM , Jodie said...

Hey sandra, Wow ! Thanks for including me with all those ace softie makers - I'm honoured.

 
On June 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM , Sandrine said...

Super cute!School holiday start soon...guess what we will be doing;)

 
On June 27, 2009 at 2:27 AM , joy said...

Hello,
Love your blog, Come over to joysthoughtsandthings.blogspot.com, see ruff the dog and much more!
have a great day, Joy

 
On June 27, 2009 at 2:33 AM , joy said...

Hello again Sandra
Ruff is the june 3rd post.
www.joysthoughtsandthings.blogspot.com

Joy

 
On June 27, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Cathy said...

Hi Sandra, great to see you again yesterday - it was good to catch up. I am so proud of you and your achievements - your stuff is lovely and I just love your blog. Have a wonderful trip - will miss you - see you when you return.

 
On June 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM , Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

...i am having my tea by the sea...with flowers in my hair...come join me...hugs, rebecca/cre8tiva

 
On June 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM , It's A Wonderful said...

How did I ever miss this post? Just as soon as I finish my slice of cake pincushions, I just may have to try two or ten of those tutorials!