Is there any such joy as opening one's letterbox to discover bundles of crafty packages?

I think not!

Since starting my own business, and in particular my own Etsy shop, I have come to understand the joy that supporting handmade brings- not just to the seller, but also to the buyer. As a crafter, I cannot tell you how high and happy I get whenever I make a sale; however, I have also started buying nearly everything I need through Etsy and Made It, and the pleasure I get from supporting fellow crafty types is just as good. The other glorious thing about it, of course, is that I have a permanent Christmas happening in my letterbox!

There is something even better than receiving purchased goodies, though, and that is receiving handmade gifts that have been made just for you. Back in May, I signed up for a lovely Coaster Swap through Kindred Crafters. I was lucky enough to receive the super-talented Kristy as my swap partner, and we quickly figured out that we had an incredible amount in common: we're both lovers of Autumn, are inspired by neutral and warm colours, take great joy in sewing, and live in gorgeous countries (she lives in Italy, the lucky thing!).

Imagine my joy, then, when I opened my letterbox to find a big, fat parcel all the way from Italy. I ripped it open with excitement, and then you should have heard the squeal that emitted from my lungs when I saw...

My very own, personalised, hand sewn, quilted Autumn coasters. Are they not simply sensational? There is no way in the world that I will ever use them, mind you. They are purely works of art that I will pat, admire and whisper sweet nothings to.

Just in case that wasn't wonderful enough, she also popped in a handmade vegan soap and a gorgeous letter. I'm telling you- if you can ever partner with this clever lass for a swap, do it! You will be spoilt beyond belief.

Thank you so much, Kristy! I'm in love.

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (16)

On June 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM , One Flew Over said...

You lucky girl, they look gorgeous!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 11:18 AM , Penny said...

Amazing! I love doing swaps, especially when you get such nice things as they are.

 
On June 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Sandra!

Those coasters are just scrummy! I'm a big Autumn fan too... but then winter is also good... as is spring... and summer too!!!! he he he... but there is something mystical about Autumn isn't there?

I love the idea of Xmas every day!!

Hugs!
Vikki :-)

 
On June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM , XUE said...

They are fantastic, Sandra & you always managed to find such cute stuff! I was born in Autumn so I'm a Autumn fan too!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM , Cathie said...

Oh Sandra they are gorgeous!!
Do we get to see your swappy goodies.
Just beautiful....and yes, I think I heard the squeal from our house :)

 
On June 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM , Kristy said...

Sandra, how you flatter me! I am so glad you love the little wonky things =P

 
On June 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM , our shabby cottage said...

Oh, they are wonderful Sandra. I would have to agree with you about buying stuff on Etsy etc...It is such a thrill to make a sale so we know how they feel too when we buy stuff!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM , Nikki said...

They are beautiful. How could anyone put a mug on them?

 
On June 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM , Anonymous said...

oh they are gorgeous, lucky you!!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM , Jodie said...

No way could they ever be used as coasters - they are mini art quilts of course and need to be hung somewhere....

 
On June 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM , Mrs Button said...

Maybe you could join mount them or hang them on ribbon and then use a quilt hanger...gorgeous. Lisa.

 
On June 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM , Tania said...

Here, here to a handmade letterbox Christmas all year - and love your fairy quilts.

 
On June 24, 2009 at 9:25 PM , Jo said...

They are really lovely. Swaps are so much fun!!

 
On June 25, 2009 at 12:37 AM , Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Those are sweet!! Don't you just love swaps!

 
On June 26, 2009 at 9:05 AM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your autumn leaves are gorgoeus! No wonder you love getting mail when you have beauties such as these in your letter box!

 
On June 26, 2009 at 2:47 PM , Karin said...

I love swaps!

All the best for your trip, hope to catch you when you return. :)