THE GOOD
Allow me to start by announcing that following my SOS call, we have petsitters for all 5 bubs! HOORAH! Thanks to the Blogging, Twittering, Facebooking and Emailing ways of my crafty readers, our 5 little monsters are being looked after and Sharon and I are officially off to South East Asia in 7 days. Gulp. Have you any idea how much there is left to do before we're ready to go?

...(insert panicked breathing exercise here)...

Ok, I'm back. And I would particularly like to thank Lizzie and Linda for blogging, Lou for Tweeting, Jennie for emailing, Jay and Danielle for offering to move in, and all my other readers for making suggestions in regards to petsitters- it was a team effort, and we succeeded!

THE BAD
In a nutshell, the Northern Exposure Visual Arts Festival Market bombed. Hard. It was freezing cold and windy enough to make my notebooks fly; to top it off, while the rain visited us, the people did not. After four hours, ten people browsing and no sales, I packed up and ran away to defrost.

Thanks to the Melbourne blogging scene, however, the day was brightened by stalls from:

Melbourne Epicure (with delicious vegan Orange & Walnut Muffins)...

The vibrant Finki...


The talented CurlyPops...

and the lovely Polly Pratt...

Visits from the gorgeous Nikki, her cute-as-pie little girl, and birthday girl Lara also made the day much lovelier!

THE PARTY!
After the excitement of the Sew, Mama, Sew Giveaway, I just couldn't resist signing up to participate in another global crafty party. This time, it's A Fanciful Twist's Mad Tea Party!

All I'm saying is that on June 27th, Pepperberry & Co. will be transformed into a delicious land of Tempting Tea, a Glorious Giveaway and a Tantalising Tutorial.

Stay tuned, dear friends!

---

P.S. Thanks to Cathie and Cam for the market photos, and Teegs for keeping me company on the day... and for sewing with me for 48 hours beforehand!


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (16)

On June 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM , Tania said...

Mighty fine stuff indeed! (ok except the market freeze). But most importantly, it's all systems go go go and look out South East Asia. Who knows, in seven days you could both be eating peeled grapes.

 
On June 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM , CurlyPops said...

I'm chalking that one up to experience!
I'm so glad that at least I got to spend the day with all of you lovely bloggy ladies and that made it all worthwhile.

 
On June 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM , Unknown said...

Glad you sorted out everything for your trip - it sounds fantastic!
Sorry to hear about the market though, your stall looked lovely!
Are you able to tell me if there are any markets on in Melbourne during the weekend of the 3 July? Me and my hubby are coming for a long weekend - YAY!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 9:39 PM , Sandrine said...

Happy to hear about all your bubbies!!You must be soo excited about your upcoming trip!and finally sad to hear about the market ;(hopefully there will be much better ones to come!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM , Tania Verdez said...

Crap about the market! We were neck deep in hoarded stuff here with no end in sight so couldn't leave the house. Hope you have an awesome trip!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM , Leaves of the family tree said...

I'm soo glad you sorted out you accomodation problems.
Have you said where you are going exactly?

 
On June 23, 2009 at 12:00 AM , Mrs Button said...

Sorry to hear the market was a fizz, glad your babies are housed for your hols and am intrigued by the party. Kind regards, Lisa.

 
On June 23, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

So glad that everything has worked out for your little ones. Market stall looks fabulous, silly Melbourne weather!!

 
On June 23, 2009 at 7:49 AM , The Dotty One said...

I can't believe you are going to SE Asia - that is SOOO exciting!! (I know you mentioned it a couple of posts ago but i've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks...). My bro has just got back from 6 months there and had had the most amazing time - and there are 4000 photos to prove it!! If you want me to ask him anything then let me know! I'm so jealous - went to Vietnam last year and I want to go back and explore the rest of that area. I hope you'll be updating the blog to let us know what you're up to?

Sorry the market didn't go so well...so sad when your stall and all the others looked so great...pesky weather!

Dotty xx

PS. Can't wait til the 27th...

 
On June 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra - you look lovely in the freezing cold!

Boy I've missed a lot while I was away - I had no idea you were going away in a week - but - hurrah! :)

You'll be missed!

 
On June 23, 2009 at 9:40 AM , Finki said...

I'm so glad all your bubbies are spoken for, now you can finalise things ready for your trip with gusto!
I'll miss my little updates of life for ms pepperberry whilst your away, but look forward to many stories to tell, when you're back.

 
On June 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

So pleased it all got sorted out. Phew! Now you can enjoy your trip!!!

 
On June 23, 2009 at 4:40 PM , Unknown said...

Yes that is good news about the pets and so sorry it was so chilly for people to go to your markets , bummer !

 
On June 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM , It's A Wonderful said...

Hey, there always has to be one "bomb" of a market. Now you've just gotten yours out of the way! The rest shall be great hits!

Southeast Asia, what an adventure! I'm sure you'll have fantastic pictures of your adventure to share with us! It'll be a virtual trip!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM , XUE said...

That's a bummer! I have those days too so I tend to prefer home sales - my home or at friend's home. All the work of pack, unpacking, setting up....takes so much time & effort. I wish you better days!

 
On June 24, 2009 at 6:14 PM , Lauren said...

What a shame about the weather...your stall looks great! Enjoy your trip :-)