Welcome back to Pepperberry & Co.! It's been a big week in my world, and I have much excitement to share with you all. I hope you get excited too!

First and foremost, one of my blogging and crafting dreams came true when I was featured on my favourite crafty site, One Pretty Thing. If you've never spoilt yourself by popping over there, go- you'll die of excitement! In a nutshell, the lovely Rachel slaves away for hours a day to find all the hottest crafty tutorials, trends and news from across the web. She then compiles it into a spiffy little picture-based list, and shares it with you! I have found some if the most incredible tutorials, blogs, and crafty friends through her site, so imagine the joy that rushed through me when I rocked up there to find this...

My 'How to Make Your own Iron-On Labels for Crafty Products' tutorial! And, the next day, there was this...

My 'How to Insert Metal Snaps into Fabric' tutorial!

They're my tutorials, right there, being feature
d. And to think I only started all this in March!

The week just kept getting better when a surprise email arrive
d in my inbox. It was from the delightful ladies over at the Stitches and Craft Show, the place where all of my sewing and blogging adventures began! They had heard about me through the super-talented Louise of Audrey & Maude, and guess why they were writing? To invite me to have a stall at the Sydney show! OH. MY. GOODNESS. ME. A stall! At the show that inspired me to be where I am today! With all the other ludicrously talented crafters out there! Imagine that. Unfortunately, I'm overseas while it's on, but I'm very much hoping to be at the show next year.

Finally, I have spent the week sewing like a madwoman in a small, cold dungeon. OK, it was actually in a bright, sunny lounge room, but a dungeon makes it sound like I work so much harder! After assistance from Nikki and a shopping spree at the ridiculously attractive Ink & Spindle, I appeared at the Yarraville Market with 24 new passport covers, 12 new notebook covers, a brand new range of bookmarks, and a new style of snap pouches.

It was another roaring success, with a great vibe on the day and lots of positive feedback and purchases. I look forward to getting all the goodies into my Etsy store so I can share them with the world!

---

P.S. Thank you to all of you who have left supportive and encouraging comments since I began this journey. Without you, I wouldn't be experiencing these successes today!


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (33)

On June 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM , Ipswich Event Services said...

Congrats Sandra - two tutorials in a row - watch out now - your blog hits will go through the roof - Oh the anticipation now for your next tutorial!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM , One Flew Over said...

Good one Sandra! Congratulations!!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM , Jennie said...

One Pretty Thing looks great, I've just subscribed!

You've come such a long way in such a short time, you'll be stratospheric before you know it! Can't wait to see your stall at Stitches & Craft in 2010.

*A bit jealous but very happy for you*

 
On June 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM , flickettysplits said...

You deserve it sweetie - your vibe is so infectious, people can't help but love you!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM , It's A Wonderful said...

Congratulations! See, your tutorial on labels is the best I've ever seen! I was coming over to link to it, as I've been wanting to share it but have been busy and kept putting it off. And now, I can link to a famous tutorial! Fabulous!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM , Tania said...

Hooley Cadooley woman, I'm having trouble keeping up! Congrats on a mighty fine week and crafty blogging career. Surely cups of tea will be way off the agenda once your stardom hits the stratosphere?!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM , danielle said...

oh well done sandra- you deserve all these successes and much more! you are so dedicated to your craft, but more than that, you are inspiring, down to earth, funny, and a very friendly little blogger ;-)

Just glad that we get to share the ride

x

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM , CurlyPops said...

Glad to hear that you had a great day at the market. The new stuff is gorgeous!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM , Cathie said...

Congratulations beautiful girl! That's great exposure for you. It's true, you are such a lovely person people can't help but stay tuned to your adventures x

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous said...

it's all soooo wonderful Sandra you definately deserve it all!! your tutorials and your products are just the best!!!!!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM , Ange Moore said...

Wowwee Sandra - you have had a fabulous week! And to be asked to have a stall at the Craft Show - you must be very honoured. Great work and I love reading your stuff and especially loved seeing you featured on One Pretty Thing (also my favourite place to see what's out there in blogland).

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM , Unknown said...

Congratulations! You deserve it - they are really good tutorials. Now I am off to see what One Pretty Thing is all about. Because I have heard of you and had no idea about them....

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM , Michelle said...

Well done! You've obviously worked very hard, and it's paying off!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Sandrine said...

Sandra this is fabulous! and I am so pleased to see your efforts rewarded, it is also very inspirational ;)Bravo!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM , The Dotty One said...

Congratulations Sandra. I saw your tutorial on One Pretty Thing and got excitecd for you! Glad everything is going so well for you :-)

 
On June 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM , Rachel said...

Well done! Your stuff is always so put together. I can't believe you've only been doing this since March!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 10:42 PM , Danielle said...

Congrats Sandra! ;-) Keep the goodies coming!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 11:19 PM , Thea said...

I can't believe you only started this in March. You go Girl!

 
On June 8, 2009 at 11:43 PM , Nikki said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your week... but doubley (is that a word?) excited for you! How fantastic to be on One Pretty Thing.. TWICE. If that's not exciting enough... to be invited to the Craft Show. Things are going so well for you. You need to be careful what you wish for!

And I LOVE the new notebook covers and snap purses. And the bookmarks look great too.

 
On June 9, 2009 at 2:30 AM , Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww thanks SO much for the shout-out! I just love your projects! And big, huge, congratulations on the show stall-that's so exciting!!!

 
On June 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

I saw you on One Pretty Thing. I love that site. Well done you. You are an inspiration! :)

 
On June 9, 2009 at 9:01 AM , Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

Congratulations Sandra. Proof that there is hope for crafty social workers!!! Well done.

 
On June 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM , Unknown said...

Sandra what huge news that is all so exciting . You earned it , YAY !

 
On June 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM , Lou said...

All sounds Ab Fab. Well done...and this is just the beginning!

 
On June 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM , Skribenten said...

Sweet Sandra. I'm so pleased to hear about your tutorials being published elsewhere. It's been so long since i've visited you, but things here at a mess. I'm tired and not wery crafty at the moment. BUT I do blog every day, espesially about our tiny gineapigs. They are so funny and bring me lots of laughs. :-)

I still follow your blog and how well you are doing, and i'm proud of you :-))

Many happy regards Henriette

 
On June 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Jodie said...

oooh - how wonderful ! maybe next year we can incubate together ??? and I can come to one of your classes.......
I would promise not to heckle -

 
On June 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Well done - your hard work is paying off! And no wonder, you make such wonderful stylish items. Can't wait to see what you do next.

 
On June 10, 2009 at 8:22 PM , Sandrine said...

Hi Sandra, I posted about your great tutorial today...Thanks ;)

 
On June 10, 2009 at 9:51 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Sandra, you so deserve to be where you are today! You are an inspiration to anyone, especially those who want to live their dreams! You believe in yourself and you have MADE THIS HAPPEN!!! Good on you sweetheart!!

Hugs! Vikki x

 
On June 11, 2009 at 12:28 AM , Mrs Button said...

Well done to you! I am going to investigate these tutorials. Kind regards, Lisa.

 
On June 11, 2009 at 1:52 PM , L. jane E. said...

I know I've been MIA for the last little while (computer issues) but I wanted to say that I'm so happy and proud for you. It's so exciting! You're going to take over the world!

 
On June 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM , truj said...

Good on you Sandra! With such interesting (and witty) tutorials, it is hardly surprising!

 
On June 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM , Melanie said...

Wish I were closer to help out with the pets!!! I'm a dog lover and would have stepped in.. Hope you find help...