Allow me to begin by sending a huge thank you to the dozens of people who have responded to my Furry SOS. Great news: Tango's off to Teegs and Gin Gin has a home! Yay! Three bubs to go, so please keep sending any petsitting and housesitting contacts.

Now, onto crafty goodness! An exciting email popped up this morning informing me that the vibrant suburb of Northcote would be bursting at the seams with crafty and artistic excitement this weekend due to the Northern Exposure Visual Arts Festival. On from Friday until Saturday, this Festival will encompass visual arts displays, artist talks, art demonstrations, projections and installations, and artisan markets. That's right, markets!

If you've been following me for a while, you may have noticed that I have a slight penchant for markets. This year, I've explored the Sonny & Coco Market, the Yarraville Market, the Botanical Gardens Market, the St. Kilda Market, the Melbourne Design Market, the Arts Centre Market, and the Ivanhoe Market. Phew! I'm exhausted just thinking about all that delightful shopping.

Another thing you may have noticed is that I have a slightly crazed way of jumping into things deadlines that are over my head. So, when my email asked if I'd liked to be in the Artisan Market at the Uniting Church as a part of the Festival, I may, just maybe, perhaps, possibly... said yes. So, on top of trying to plan my trip, organise my housesitters, and make sure my business is ok for three months, I will now be in full-steam preparation mode for this Saturday's market.

So come and visit me and my goodies...

And the gorgeous Finki and her goodies...

at the Uniting Church (100 metres from the Northcote Town Hall) from 10am until 4pm this Saturday the 20th.

Poor Sharon... to think she has to put up with my endless crazy whims. Sigh.

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (20)

On June 18, 2009 at 1:00 PM , Tania said...

Woman, you are a LUNATIC! Please forward my sympathies to Sharon, well done on the Gin Gin home finding and try and get some sleep between now and Saturday, ok?!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 1:20 PM , Karin said...

Wow congrats on setting up at another market! Still following up on the lead we were talking about so there's still hope...

 
On June 18, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Beky said...

OM goodness, don't burn yourself out Sandra. Sharon is a saint, she is very understanding. Will try to pop in, but going to a paper / scrapbooking fair at the Royal Show Grounds.
--
Sandra check out our dog Ben on my blog, he choose the winner of my 1st ever giveaway.
www.pivx.blogspot.com

 
On June 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM , Cathie said...

Oh Sandra! wow, you are going to get absolutely ZERO amount of sleep tomorrow night, right!
I'm sending you another email. :)

 
On June 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM , Tania Verdez said...

Oh yay! I will definitely pop down and have a wee squizz at your fabulous work- I will need a break from button sorting I'm sure. Good luck with the mad furious sewing!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM , Cathie said...

Yay, I'm doing it to! sounds like a great weekend of things happening in Northcote!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 4:27 PM , Jennie said...

Would you believe I'm out of town the one weekend there's a last minute market opportunity in my own suburb? Argh!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 6:46 PM , Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ah nothing like last minute decisions to get you moving :) Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do really well at the market!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM , flickettysplits said...

I'd love to come and visit - but I'll be manning my stall at the Northcote Town Hall market!!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM , Lou said...

Hope it's a good one. Good on you!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 8:54 PM , coming out crooked said...

Last minute decisions are always the best, I think. You just madly sew, and don't have time to second guess yourself. Thanks for including Ivanhoe Makers Market on your list!

 
On June 18, 2009 at 11:26 PM , Nikki said...

Another "jumping into deadlines that are over my head"... . This seems to be how you work and with all your successes, I can see why you couldn't say no to another market. Good things just keep happening for you - which is great!

 
On June 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM , our shabby cottage said...

I'm so glad you have found a home for some of your furry friends. It must be very worrying for you but I'm sure things will work out fine before you go. Have fun at the markets!

 
On June 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM , CurlyPops said...

Yippee! See you there.

 
On June 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM , Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

I don't know how you do it? I would be a mental case!! You are truly inspiring...

 
On June 20, 2009 at 9:00 PM , Nikki said...

Lovely to see you and your beautiful wares today. Hope you didn't freeze solid there (I did) and that you sold lots of things. See you on Friday!

 
On June 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM , Sandrine said...

Hope you had a great market and hope your little furry friends find a caring place...

 
On June 21, 2009 at 9:44 AM , A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope the market was a huge success!

 
On June 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM , lou lou said...

hi sandra...sorry i havent replied to you till now re your gorgeous puppy!! my kids spilt orange juice on mylaptop and things were not pretty!!
I put your dilemma on facebook and twitter and have someone who is interested in housesitting whilst he is building new house.Give me a call tommorrow and I will give you his mobile number....if you are interested that is ???
As for us taking him....I would take him in an instant
but my guy is pretty firmly saying NO WAY!! He feels we have enough to deal with with our 3 kids,2 businesses,1 dog,1 market and 1 football coach.....etc etc..hes kind of right !..hope you understand.
Anyways...maybe this is an option !!
Speak soon xx
Cheers,Lou

 
On June 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy you found a care solution for all your babies!!!