What a day! No, scrap that- what a week!

I have spent a total of 72 hours sewing this week. 72 hours! That's 3 days straight, if you don't include sleeping- and there definitely hasn't been too much of that going on.


The 72 hours has resulted in some magnificent creations, though, which is
the required result when your goodies are going to be on display at something as snazzy as the Melbourne Design Market. I was there as a part of the most impressive stall on offer- Ink & Spindle. Not that I'm biased in any way!


Luckily, when you're working with fabrics as gorgeous as these, it's easy to create a masterpiece. Here is the range I created for the day:

About half of it's gone- yay!- and the other half will be on Etsy by the end of this week.

Now, I'm used to both shopping and having stalls at small, community-run markets full of bloggy and crafty goodness. As soon as I arrived at the Melbourne Design Market, it was obvious to me that this a whole new planet!

There were top-level designers everywhere, with some of the most creatively-inspired pieces I have seen in a long time. I was most impressed by the lego-inspired USBs from Zip Zip, the gorgeous lamps from Ute Australian Design, and the vintage display from the Melbourne Museum of Printing. My lil' passport covers felt a tad intimidated by their peers!

Luckily, the loveliness of the I & S gals meant that I felt right at ease, and the surprise visits from Tania, Jay, Beky and a few other bloggers warmed my heart during the day. All in all, it was an overwhelming success! Thank you to everyone for your support. I'm off now to do something that quite resembles this:

Zzz...

---


Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (13)

On June 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM , One Flew Over said...

Congratulations Sandra...it sounds like it was a fun and sucessful market! Looking forward to seeing your wares up on etsy!

 
On June 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Finki said...

I'm so glad to hear you sold lots of goodies, and don't let miss Pepperberry's range ever feel intimidated by anyone or anything. Tis' a scrumptious, innovative and top quality range.
I would have chosen a piece for myself, but I found the market overwhelmingly busy, and was getting squished and bumped anytime I stood still. So i will come and admire some more at your next market.
When's the next one?

 
On June 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM , CurlyPops said...

Woohoo what a week indeed. I've been to visit the last two design markets and they are crazy busy and squishy and pushy. Congratulations on getting through to the other side.... Enjoy your sleep this week!

 
On June 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM , Ink and Spindle said...

I wish I was that cat! My feet are still hurting. Larz and I have been too busy since to take a day off, too, so we're feeling quite sorry for ourselves. Think I might have to run away to your house, hide in your sewing room with Monsieur and Coco and sleep for a couple of days. No one would ever think to look for me there! Right..?
xx Teegs

 
On June 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM , Jennie said...

Congratulations on such a successful day! It was very sharp of I&S to invite you along, and you fulfilled your role spectacularly.

 
On June 16, 2009 at 7:56 PM , Nikki said...

Great to hear the market went so well, for you and I&S. Your stuff looks fab... you certainly do justice to their fabrics! I think a cat nap (or 2) are well deserved.

 
On June 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM , It's A Wonderful said...

Yaayyy, Sandra! Your display looks lovely and I'm not surprised that you did well. Sweet dreams, lovely lady!

 
On June 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM , Sandrine said...

Well done Sandra! and well deserved little quite time now;)

 
On June 16, 2009 at 10:19 PM , Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra....Good on you! Looks fantastic..I am yet to get to that one, but Ive heard its fantastic.
Sounds like you had a great day.yay you.

 
On June 16, 2009 at 10:53 PM , Unknown said...

Congratulations all that work has paid off . Betcha can't relax with as much class as that cat ! LOL !

 
On June 16, 2009 at 11:26 PM , Tania said...

Nothing like a new planet landing to keep you on your toes. And handled with aplomb! Well done Mrs - the rest will be doing the Etsy hotcakes thing in the bat of an eye.

 
On June 17, 2009 at 12:56 AM , Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

They are amazing. What a talented lady you are!

 
On June 17, 2009 at 6:27 AM , Tania - Jet Designs said...

sounds like you have a fantastic day - quite jealous - nothing like this up here in Brissy - Toto must of done a runner!