In the land of tomorrow that was thought of today but will not exist until yesterday, there was an ordinary tea cup called Mr. Teetally Tea Cup.

He lived in an ordinary house on an ordinary street with an ordinary little old lady, who had one magical secret...

She could cook extraordinary Magical Scones.

She would order her minions to gather her piles of wood and set her stove alight, making very sure it heated up to exactly 220 degrees Celcius, or 428 degrees Fahrenheit if they were travelling through the magnificent land of Ah-merr-icka.

The minions would then collect 3 cups of self-raising flour, 1 tablespoon of caster sugar, 1 cup of soy milk, and 80 grams of vegan butter, perfectly cubed; for if it was not, the ordinary lady in the ordinary house on the ordinary street would turn into an extraordinarily evil Queen of Hearts.

Once the ingredients were accumulated, the little old lady with the extraordinarily evil streak would snatch her broom and chase her minions wildly from the depths of her kitchen, as they could never be allowed to discover the Top Secret ingredient within her Magical Scones.

With a beastly cackle, she would combine the self-raising flour and caster sugar in a medium-sized bowl; using her fingertips, she would rub in the room-temperature vegan butter until the mixture resembled fine breadcrumbs. She added the soy milk all at once, and used a round-bladed knife to mix the flour and sugar together with a cutting motion. She would be sure not to over mix her mixture, but simply mix until it was mixed together evenly.

It was at this stage that she would add the most important and Top Secret ingredient of all... a potion of Love, Sweetness and Delirium.

The extraordinarily evil Queen would bring the dough together with her hands on a lightly floured surface and wickedly work it until it was smoother than the Cheshire Cat's smile. She then used her weapon of choice (an evil rolling pin) to roll out the dough to exactly 2cm thick, and once she had captured her 5cm pastry cutter, would cut out perfectly round circles before placing them on a baking tray exactly 1cm apart.

They would then go into her preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the Magical Scones were golden brown on the top and sounded hollow when she tapped the bottom of one with her bony finger. To serve, she would drench them with lashings of vegan butter, rich strawberry jam and thick, whipped vegan cream.

One sunny Sunday in September, she was making her extraordinarily Magical Scones with her Top Secret ingredient in the ordinary kitchen of her ordinary house. Unbeknownst to her, she had accidentally left Mr. Teetally Tea Cup, the ordinary tea cup, in the room with her... and he overheard her entire Magical Scone recipe!

It was in that very moment that he knew he needed to escape, before the ordinary lady in the ordinary house discovered his presence and turned her wicked ways upon him. To escape, however, he needed one very special item...
a Magical Beyond The Looking Glass Passport Cover.

He racked his small pink brain for hours, and in a moment of genius, knew where he could get one- from the bewitching world of Pepperberry & Co. To get there, he only needed to squeeze his eyes very tightly shut, poke his handle harder into his hip, and wiggle his nose five-and-a-half times. Within a second, the Magical Beyond The Looking Glass Passport Cover appeared inside him, and he was off! Flying through space in a whirlwind of madness and kitten toes.

When he landed, it was with a thump. Dizzy and slightly sore, he rubbed his eyes and looked up into the face of the most beautiful young girl. 'Hello,' she said kindly, 'my name is Alice'. She lifted him into her arms, and gave him the sweetest rub all over his little face; suddenly, he turned the brightest of bright pinks and a blinding sparkle began to shine from his newly-golden handle. He was no longer an ordinary tea cup- he was the extraordinarily pink Mr. Teetally Tea Cup!

He wandered down a green grass lane with Alice, towards a meadow of bright pink poppies. On the way, he began to think about the
Magical Beyond The Looking Glass Passport Cover that had saved his life; now that he was safe as safe can be, he wanted to pass it on to one of the wonderful people who lived in the magical world of Pepperberry & Co. So, he decided that anyone who wanted to win his Magical Beyond The Looking Glass Passport Cover simply needed to become a Follower of the Pepperberry & Co. blog, and leave a comment describing the most magical journey they would want to take with its help.

Oh, and whatever happened to Alice and Mr. Teetally Tea Cup? Well, they found a thick, brown trunk made from oozing vegan chocolate, and there they lived together, eating Magical Scones full of Love, Sweetness and Delirium and living happily ever after.

---
Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments (36)

On June 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM , Kami said...

Sandra,

Saturdays are much better when the mornings start out as humorous as this story is. Much much better than my reality of the little girls waking me up with ink from a red stamp pad all over the desk by their beds on the sheets, the dust ruffle, little red footprints leading to the bathroom, on the stool, the white tile floor counter tops...

So I think I would use the magical passport to wisk me away to the land of the oompa loompas, so that I could get one of them to go back to my home and clean it for me. Or at least somewhere where margaritas are served at 9am.

Great story and cute fabric.

 
On June 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM , Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love this story!

Let me put my thinking cap on and I will be back!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 2:19 AM , Whimsical Road said...

So sweet! The scones look delicious. I would love to take my passport on a magical journey to Ireland, land of my ancestors, because if there IS a wonderland, surely the leprechauns will know..

p.s. I am having a MaD tEa party, too!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM , Harley Dee said...

Oh wow.. I love your story :D And you know I wanna be entered :) I love that fabric, I squeeled when I saw it :D I would want to take a trip to Wonderland of course. Wander through the magical flower garden, among the giant mushrooms. And oh to wander into the forest, hearing the laughter of that strange cat.. tip-toeing around the sleeping little momeraths, trying to make my way to the mad croquet game :)

 
On June 28, 2009 at 3:57 AM , Pretty Things said...

That fabric is great!

I hope you'll stop by my Tea Party and see what I'm decking out all the party-goers in!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 4:18 AM , Maggi said...

What a fabulous story and recipe! That passport cover is indeed magical! I would use it to travel to all sorts of times and places (past and future!). Thank you for a lovely time!

You're madly invited to my tea party, I do so hope you'll join me! (unless you already have of course!) :)

 
On June 28, 2009 at 6:24 AM , Ange Moore said...

Love the story, especiall when I'm up at dark o'clock with the cousins who had a sleep over at our place and are up 2 hours before our kids will stir!!

My next trip would have to be to Italy, Greece and Turkey - but we'd have to be magicall whisked there since I couldn't face the 24 hour flight with the two kids.

Love our stuff (as always)!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 6:42 AM , It's A Wonderful said...

What an extravaganza! Oh my, from scones to sweet treats...mmmmmm! Is that Japanese fabric my eyes are feasting upon? It looks yummy!

I do believe I am a follower already...glad to be one!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 7:05 AM , Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a delightful time I had at your party today! I am so glad I stopped by and met you! Have a magical weekend! Twyla

 
On June 28, 2009 at 8:10 AM , Calidore said...

Ohhh if only my scones turned out as good as yours and my grandmothers. Did you have lessons from her I wonder? Actually that would be my fantasy. To have scones as light and fluffy as yours and Grandmas - then smother them with homemade apricot jam and lashings of whipped cream, throw in a good book, roaring fire and a huge pot full of tea and I would be in heaven. Thank you for the wonderful story - it made my Sunday morning brilliant.

 
On June 28, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Cathy said...

I would have loved the magical passport holder for my enchanting trip Ah-merr-icka. I am sure it would have made my trip even more like a fairytale.

There's always next time. Have a great time!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 9:09 AM , Theresa said...

Thank you for the wonderful tea party~ Glad I stopped by. Hope you get a chance to visit my tea party~ Theresa

 
On June 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM , Sandrine said...

That story was wonderful!:)I have never made scones...I did not even know what they were until I entered Australia...;)What vegan butter, and cream made of?
For the magical trip of my dream...maybe a world tour with as many stops as possible, including Japan,Canada, New Caledonia, new zealand, new york....and ...!!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM , Deborah said...

So sorry I took the last of the cupcakes with me! They were toooooooo yummy to resist. Do stop by and have tea with Alice and me!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM , Chickenbells said...

Vegan?!?! How delightful!! I absolutely must have some scones then...thank you so very much!!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM , Liz said...

You certainly tell a good story girl, I don't think I can top that but........... I've always wanted to visit the land of the Appleberrie Blossom Shot Short Statured Squirts. They are renowned for their pancakes made from what else but - Appleberrie Blossom Shot and Creamy Caramel Covered Peanuts - which they flip in the pans with Extraordinarily Extra Elevated Elongated Handles (to compensate for their short stature of course). So as you can imagine it's a place that has long been on my wish list to visit BUT - what was always needed was a Magical Beyond The Looking Glass Passport Cover to falicitate and expediate the journey..........

So as I was saying, story telling is not really my forte, shame.

Big Hugs, lizzie

 
On June 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM , Unknown said...

What a cute story! Your cupcakes look scrumptious!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Sandra! Gosh I enjoyed that!!!! :-) I'm still in that little world at the moment...

... and while I am there I will use my magic fairy dust (I am a fairy did you know?) to bring my sewing machine to life... the piles of fabrics would organise themselves into bundles for projects - they can do this because they feed into my unconscious and know my tastes exactly. There are materials, threads and beads dancing in the air... the machine is sewing away, dancing around, a foot high off the desk...

A cup of tea comes floating by... sweet chamomile... my favourite. I choose not to sit in my big comfy armchair opposite the open door in my treetop house. But instead I dance along with my creations as they take shape!

Ahhhh yes... this is waaaaay too nice! Hope you can pop in for a cuppa... if you haven't got any wings, I can loan you some! :-)

Hugs!
Vikki xx

 
On June 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM , Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that fabric on the passport cover is fantastic!!!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous said...

what a wonderful magical story Sandra. I would like it to take me not just to Wonderland but into Tim Burton's Wonderland because I think that will be the best ever! If I couldn't go there I think I would like to go back and meet Jane Austen!!!!!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM , danielle said...

what a cute story! and i will deifnately have to try that recipe! my next trip-when bub is old enough would be Japan, to get me some of that fabric!!! but until then, maybe up north to the reef, i know i wont 'officially' need a passport cover for that trip, but she could still sneak into my bag for the journey!

 
On June 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM , Teegs said...

Haha, she puts LSD in her scones? No wonder your story is so mental!! ;) xx

 
On June 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM , Tania said...

Waaaay trippier scones than the ones I just made! Which brings me to my trip to the uppermost branch of the Faraway Tree. Enid tells me there is much gaiety and scrumptiousness (scones, obviously) to be had...

 
On June 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM , Cath said...

My passport could come on an impending 3 mth trip to SE Asia - that sounds magical. Actually right now, I would slide off to Los Gados in California to visit a mate and maybe relive a lost youth in vegas....

 
On June 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM , apparentlyjessy said...

I think I would like to try one of the Evil Queens scones! They look delicious!

Jessy

 
On June 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM , Cathie said...

ohhh...mmm yummy scones & tea!
I think I shall take my passport & visit the wonderful land of France...soo romantic, very cliche, but I'd love to go up to the top of the eiffel tower with my lil' monkeys!
have a great trip sweety, see you when you get back x

 
On June 29, 2009 at 1:16 AM , Dee said...

what a wonderful story! the scones look way to good, may I have a taste please??

You’re invited to please visit stop by and visit my party where we’re having a tea of a time!!

 
On June 29, 2009 at 2:23 AM , Renee said...

What a beautiful place to end up having tea at.

Renee xoxo

 
On June 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM , fawndear said...

Sorry I'm late, I've just escaped my own mad party.

Had a lovely time and was enchanted with your story! Such yummy treats.

 
On June 29, 2009 at 1:54 PM , Carapace said...

I really want to follow, but can't find the follow button! Help! Please?

Meantime-lovely party, lovely passport!

 
On June 30, 2009 at 1:05 AM , Kelly O. said...

SEE? this is why I follow you! CREATIVE!!!

I think I would go on a magical adventure to Bermuda where the water is as blue as the sky.

 
On June 30, 2009 at 2:58 AM , Lanimoz said...

*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:
*:*:*:Make and make-believe! Tea parties better on day three...don't you agreee?!!*:* *:*Your fabric is divine!! Pip pip!!*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*: *:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

 
On June 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM , fairiemoon said...

Such a cute little tea service!

A very Merry Unbirthday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/

 
On June 30, 2009 at 3:42 PM , Jen said...

It is so curious that these Mad Tea Parties are still going strong! I've yet to clean mine up, so please feel free to follow me back down the rabbit hole to Haute Whimsy before life goes back to simply mundane!

 
On July 1, 2009 at 3:01 AM , TesoriTrovati said...

Enchanting!
I would love to go overseas...if I only had a passport! France, Italy, England, Greece, India, Japan...anywhere by here. I would love to paint and draw and flea market myself around Europe, Asia, the world!

I am still tea-partying! I am holding a giveaway of my own to keep the party rolling. Please come by and say hi at http://treasures-found.blogspot.com

Enjoy the day!
Erin

 
On July 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM , Karin said...

You my friend, have a great style of writing. :)